1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endyron

Endyron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound here! :)

2. Endyron

Is all your NVIDIA driver up to date?

3. LoSt Banshees

LoSt Banshees Tentacle Wrangler

Its really hard to just sit there while everyone's blasting away at the game having a fun time but we will have to wait.

4. Endyron

I just waited and it came up

5. Endyron

What graphics card do you have?

6. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

The instant Mac crash is fixed by installing osx Mavericks.

7. mubstah

mubstah Intergalactic Tourist

When I launch the game, I get past the Chucklefish logo, but then it's just (what seems like) the main menu screen, but with no options? Beautiful soundtrack though.

8. DigitalSteel

DigitalSteel Orbital Explorer

I have windows 8.1 x64 with 12GB of Ram, Core i7 920, AMD 7970
    Also had issue with game hanging at chucklefish logo. I tried everything, including waiting for hours while it hung on the logo, running it as admin, running in various compatibility modes, disabling steam community in game, even reinstalling. Then after resetting everything back to their defaults, and running through the server app a few times. I logged out of windows and then back in again, started the game, went to the forums to read more, and then all of a sudden the game loaded while in the background! Now it launches right away every time.

9. slash2744

slash2744 Orbital Explorer

maybe bug i have been use my stone pickaxe and there no red bar but still can use it

10. DigitalSteel

DigitalSteel Orbital Explorer

When it's health is gone, you can still use it. However it works slower until you sharpen it.

minotaurlegion likes this.
  11. Crorad

Crorad Big Damn Hero

For instant crashes on Mac, go to the Starbound folder. Delete everything in that folder, THEN delete local files, then reinstall. This is because deleting local files doesn't remove everything.

12. DezMoody

DezMoody Space Hobo

I had windows XP and decided to soak it in gasoline to fix the problem. Then I went to good will and found a window 7 PC for 10 dollars. The game began to work.

13. TheMPC

TheMPC Mop

>> Game hanging on logo screen
    Probably due to your firewall blocking the Starbound authentication request to the server (will continue the game when it's timed out) i have this problem at work, works fine if you wait.
    This is the same for trying to join a non existing server (or one with the ports blocked), this will freeze the game till the connection times out (might want to multithread this stuff with a nice connecting screen)

14. kuya

kuya Space Hobo

Where are these folders you talk about?

15. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Title Not Found

My game has very low fps and is unplayably laggy. My graphics card according to dxdiag is ''ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series''. I dont know much about graphics cards and the like so i'm not sure if i should be able to run starbound on this or not, my computer is around 5 years old now. Also, for the record i can run Terraria fine

16. Gowds

Gowds Yeah, You!

Yes! I use windows XP and my game stop to work when I click on start starbound in the launcher and my pc freezes

17. Luz Terin

Luz Terin Subatomic Cosmonaut

It all depends on the other specs of your PC. I have a Radeon HD 4650, and it's playable, until I go into a village or somewhere where there's a lot of monsters. That's the biggest problem for me is that it's really laggy sometimes. Otherwise I don't have any crashes.

I don't know on what resolution you're playing, but try lowering it, that helps immensely. At least for me.

18. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Does anyone has that problem when nothing happens.I click on the game icon and nothing...
    Also,what are the people with the DMR-free version going to do?

19. LukeAllstar

LukeAllstar Space Hobo

This worked for me too. Maybe should be added on the first post if it's working for others too

20. thedemonkid95

thedemonkid95 Lucky Number 13

were the
    hell did you go for windows 7 for that price

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.