1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RvLesh

RvLesh Parsec Taste Tester

Start a new character. If your character is vulnerable on the ship, it was started prior to the last patch.

That's the only (valid) solution at this stage.

2. Graelb

Graelb Void-Bound Voyager

So I have been having a problem with the game crashing if I hover over certain items in my inventory. Namely, the matter manipulator.

What I found is that if my window/screen resolution is greater than 1000x? it'll crash. I don't know why, and I don't know how to fix it, but the game can be played as long as I set the resolution or window size to be smaller than that 1000 threshold.

it's the same threshold that changes how big the HUD elements are.

3. RvLesh

Tried Verifying or re-installing? Sounds like bad assets.

4. Graelb

Graelb Void-Bound Voyager

I tried reinstalling, and actually, I tried just deleting the asset folder, and no go... it's really odd

5. RvLesh

Post your starbound.log after the crash.

6. Pellanor

Pellanor Big Damn Hero

Is anyone else not able to use Matter Blocks when crafting the special helmets that require 1 matter block each, and 15 or 20 hardened monster plates?

7. xSeminex

xSeminex Poptop Tamer

i found an solution.. just duck instantly ;)

8. vincenzoo1998

vincenzoo1998 Orbital Explorer

I was able to launch it on Windows XP but i seem to have a problem with the mouse. Everytime i move my mouse i get massive lag, :/

9. alexmu23

alexmu23 Yeah, You!

Is it possible I will be able to play starbound with out Mavericks

10. alexmu23

alexmu23 Yeah, You!

Is there going to be an update for those playing on macs and can't get mavericks.

11. doobydude

doobydude Space Spelunker

sbbb.png SB.png does anyone know how to fix the visual C++ crash? any help would be HUUUUGELY helpful and i would be greatly appreciative. as i have not been able to even play this game and it looks amazing! below is a picture of the errors im getting. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!! ill shovel your driveway for ya ;)

sbbb.png SB.png

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  12. doobydude

error #3.png SB.png SB.png and this error too

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  13. doobydude

and this error too
    i get the same error SB.png

14. RvLesh

Apple does not officially support any version of OSX prior to 10.8 , I highly recommend updating at least to that if you can't get 10.9 for whatever reason.

15. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

Really wish a good modder would work on "optimization" type mod/s, basically an OptiFine equivalent for Starbound.. Disable-options for moving backgrounds, light flicker/light quality, moving plantlife, texture quality, particle count, anything else that may be helpful.. For the lag/fps stuff it'd help as far as identifying bug-related lag from actual performance lag.. Don't know if that's even possible, but I'd download it in a flash and hug the modder til their ribs broke ;)

16. RvLesh

I wish a good modder would avoid doing that, as it would invalidate most of the point of the Early Access/beta release, and I keep seeing problems caused by people failing to understand what removing dictionary pairs or changing their values actually does, or where they've changed something prior to an update and then it becomes Important after the update...

If you're having problems, you can try setting the Compression flag on starbound\assets , if you're on Vista/Win7/Win8 (Right click, properties, advanced, Compress contents to save disk space). That should speed up asset loading, which seems to be a large part of the performance issue.

17. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

Hmm.. Good point there :) Of course I'd still try the vanilla game after true updates concerning game speed/playability were made as I hate using mods of any kind, to see if my particular problem got addressed.. Other than that, my input on Early Access is already invalidated by 1-5fps, where a performance mod would at least let me comment on, well, the entire game as it is right now :> Also if the mod provided real and true optimization it could be added to the main line, saving the devs lots of time optimizing themselves and digging through fps/lag bug reports (that are clouding the forums) both.

Definitely trying that compression suggestion, as its (amazingly) one I haven't heard of/tried yet.. Taking over half an hour to reformat all the asset files :O EDIT: assets thing didn't help my specific problem, but I'm sure its generally helpful for everyone to do :>

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  18. Twiganator

Twiganator The Count

try going to your library right click on starbound go to properties then go to local files and click verify integrity of game cache

it worked forme, although i still get lots of crashes

19. Darkness723

Darkness723 Intergalactic Tourist

anyone know how to fix the changelog error i cant launch the game or a server i get an error in the file directory?

20. Red720

Red720 Space Spelunker

I fixed the hanging on loading screen bug by validating files in Steam - 27 invalid files and a 30KB download and it is working now. Details in the bug report thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.