1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Curious

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Ace0fJacks, Nov 2, 2018.

?

Is it really 'cheating'?

1. Yes, you're going to space jail if you do!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Morally Grey..ish

22.2%
  3. Nope! Take everything, give nothing back!

77.8%
  1. Ace0fJacks

Ace0fJacks Void-Bound Voyager

So I just started doing a playthrough on survival, using Frackin Universe(first time actually doing stuff with it)and I came across a building on a random planet that had a lot of the more advanced versions of Frackin's crafting tables and such.
    Do you guys consider it 'cheating' persay if one were to take them from the building and use them, thus skipping a lot of the 'natural' progress one would have to do to acquire them normally?

Personally I left them behind because I wanted that 'natural' progression, but it had me curious what the community here feels about that type of thing. Good ol' gaming morals and such. haha

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Nope, I think it is just part of the mod, because I don't think so mod are created for cheating. They are created for fun anyway.

I don't know maybe they need to arrange where and when we can aquire it or not, to make it less easy, and make it more challenging. I can't judge it much though, ain't a modder.

Ace0fJacks likes this.
  3. Indigaido

Indigaido Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound is pretty much about doing whatever you want. If it's within the confines of the game, I think anything goes. Even the base game allows you to loot pretty good stuff sometimes, and you can cheese and go into a late planet, to speed through and get high tier stuff way before you're actually equipped to deal with that tier.

At first, I made sure to progress as stable as possible, but now I just do what I can to get enjoyment, and avoid tedium. Especially with Frackin' Universe, I think it's alright to take shortcuts since there can be an overwhelming amount of hoops to go through for a lot of things. Honestly, I don't even mind going into admin mode to spawn an extra three titanium bars or whatnot if that's all I need, to save a tedious trip for something menial. Is that cheating? Well, probably, but just do what's fun for you. I like to maintain progress, but I don't mind a few shortcuts.

Ace0fJacks likes this.
  4. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

I at first thought this was about using /spawnitem. . .