Crop Versatility!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Milkheart, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Milkheart

Milkheart Void-Bound Voyager

So, I was thinking it would be very cute and fun to be able to craft with your crops after they've been harvested! You can buy a jack-o-lantern, but what about growing one yourself? Just a torch and a pumpkin, and you're all set! Personally, I'd rather place the pumpkin itself on my porch if I could, as I love that natural Autumn decor look, versus the jack-o-lantern look. So even if we didn't add a craft for the lantern, perhaps just being able to place pumpkins?

Or how about a horn of plenty? You take one crop from each season that they can be grown (like one from Spring, Summer, and Fall), take some hay, and craft a table centerpiece for your house!

I just think it's a shame that we can only make food or sell our hard-won crops, when in real life we can use plants for so much more! In other words, I'd really love to decorate the farm with my fruits and veggies~
    .*~.*~.~*.~*.
    So, what do you all think? I figure it wouldn't be too hard to patch in the ability to place certain crops on the ground or table, or maybe even placing a plate of food on the table as well! I know it's just an aesthetic, but I can't be the ONLY one who loves to decorate and design in these lifestyle games even more than playing the other parts of it! c:​

Lilliput likes this.
    • PerkulatorBenny

PerkulatorBenny Orbital Explorer

You can craft a jack-o-lantern, you buy the recipe during the autumn "not-halloween" festival, if I recall correctly.
      And the recipe actually is pumpkin + torch.

I do like the idea of more stuff to do with the crops than just selling them, though.

• Milkheart

Oh, I'm sorry! I remembered there being the option to buy SOMETHING about jack-o-lanterns, but I forgot it was the recipe, and not the item itself. Oops!

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Aye, the idea of it sounds pretty nice. Yet again, it sounds like a pain in the behind for our lord and savior ConcernedApe.

• Milkheart

Oh, so true! And trust me, I considered that as well. But I truly feel that any and every suggestion is a pain, and I do think these additions would be enjoyed. It isn't necessary though, just perhaps a long-term goal!

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Hmm... Other things to do with crops... Yeah sure, why not; always like other things to do with them, even if decor. I mean the more I can decorate with the better.

Now only if we can feed our farm critters some of the food... (that was another idea mentioned somewhere here before)

Also another that was suggested before, having more uses for the artifacts and minerals. So it is along the same lines as this idea, but this one is all about the harvest. So I absolutely wouldn't mind see many ideas like this and the ones I mentioned have been presented before. :nuruhappy:

• asteriaex

asteriaex Void-Bound Voyager

I'm currently working on a huge mod that adds new crops, machines, recipes and products, you can find it here
                I'm taking requests for what others want to see in the game and I think adding new craftables or retexturing them would be cool to play around with :)