Crew too easily lost.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Reaper8U, Nov 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Reaper8U

Reaper8U Void-Bound Voyager

There is one thing I find very annoying that makes me not want to bring my crewmembers at all on adventures. It's too easy to lose them by accidentally interacting with them when you try to open a chest. There should be some other way. Either another button for it, or having to press it twice on the crewmember for it to work. Or even a pop-up window for you to confirm.

Blaine, Ickura and Scorne9000 like this.
  2. Scorne9000

Scorne9000 Intergalactic Tourist

Yes, please implement something like this. This is constantly an issue when I am playing. The problem is made worse with the fact that the pop up window for looting crates or similar items blocks a lot of space and you probably can't see that you dismissed the crew member. I am 100% in favor of a different key bind to recruit or dismiss a crew member.

3. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

i agree i would suggest the popup window so that future npc interactions can be added

4. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This has been an issue since Starbound was in alpha, and is also a problem on ships, since you can gain unwanted crew members. NPCs in general can also block your access to containers and crafting stations.

Two separate keys (or at least an option for two) for interacting with objects and NPCs was my first thought as well, but this issue has gone ignored for over five years, despite being a pretty big community complaint. I'm afraid the odds of it being addressed now are very slim.

Then again, Chucklefish is working on the console version of Starbound. They will need to fix this problem before releasing it, because if you think working around this issue with the mouse is annoying, imagine the frustration of trying to do it with a controller. Hopefully, the PC version will also benefit from whatever fix they implement... unless they don't implement one, but that would be foolish.

5. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

I would prefer buffs on the crew members themselves as they can pretty much stay fighting rng mobs for like a minute before dying and tp back to the ship. (maybe dmg and hp regen only will do)