1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Crew members?

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by EnderAlden, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnderAlden

EnderAlden Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone! I just started playing on nightly recently and the only question I really have is about crew members. I know it's possible to spawn in NPCs to join your crew, but is there currently a way to do it without commands? I would assume by doing quests for colonists, so I tried that. After doing what seemed like an endless back and forth with them there still wasn't an option. Is it available to recruit crew other than spawning them, or recruiting penguins from the outpost? Or will we need to wait until 1.0? :V

2. rawkinrex

rawkinrex Phantasmal Quasar

I did quest in a hylotl village, and have 6 crew now, it takes doing a lot of quests, if I recall, each stage unlocks 2 new recruitable villagers. Good luck.

3. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

as rawkinrex said.

this could be viewed as a spoiler i guess. :/

find a village with npcs
    accept missions off them
    go off and do the missions.....The SPOILER below is what some missions might be...

it could be kill some evil dudes
    rescue some good people
    kill evil dudes and rescue good people
    kill a wanted criminal [theres a chance they'll surrender and you can allow them to join your crew]
    farm something and make some type of food as a gift for someone
    get a certain item for someone "that avian moon emblem thing" things like that
    kill some local wildlife
    kill a special mini-boss enemy

the kill/rescue missions will take place at certain unique parts of a the world....so those castle ruins or abandoned houses

when you do it you'll get a reward bag and i feel like there is a chance they'll want to join your crew.
    each crew member gives you some form of bonus when they are in your party.
    S.A.I.L will inform you when you have a large enough crew that you will get a better license for a bigger ship and bigger crew.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.