Crew members get in the way.

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by savron, Aug 23, 2016.

1. savron

savron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It would be a big help if interacting with crew members didn't get them to follow you but instead get them to follow by using S.A.I.L because a lot of the time when I'm trying to use crafting stations they get in the way and i cant use them because i just keep talking to my crew

2. Solsolis

Solsolis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree. Crew members always in the way when I try to open a container, or try to interact with anything, and always just talking to them. SO. EXTREMELY.ANNOYING! Through only S.A.I.L. or with another key, not the default 'E' must be the way to deal with drew mwmbers, so those annoying and unwanted talking to them can be avoided.
    P.S.: Every time I hire a crew, after a while I dismiss ALL my crew, because of this behavior. Not very funny... Not to mention I find out that crew members are doesn't really seems to do any helpful thing for me, so I learnd to don't even hire crew members at all.. Basicly for me the crew members are a never used (annoying) feature of the game.
    I hope the devs do somtheing about it. Thanks.

3. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

yeah, this is pretty annoying. you're not the first person to voice this complaint. currently the only "fix" for this issue is to have furniture placed all throughout your ship to keep the crew spaced out and/or using the gravity arrows from the adaptable crossbow to kick them off your stuff

IxFa likes this.
  4. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

I wouldn't mind some avoidance path finding or something like that, to create a bubble around me. I have the same problem, but mainly on planets. It goes like this, I find an NPC or chest, or other thing, I move to it and move my finger to interact with it and my crew member or follower walks on top of me I tell them to stop following me, then I have to tell them to follow me again, trick them into moving out of the way, and it is just a big annoyance.

They really need to respect our personal space, 4 feet that's all it would take.

5. Zen Master

Zen Master Phantasmal Quasar

I agree, or at least make it so you have to press the action button twice for the follow or dismiss crew members command. There was a mod for it but sadly it never was updated for the new versions of Starbound.

6. Twisted_Code

Twisted_Code Void-Bound Voyager

"Do you need need to stay here?" no, I need you to get out of the f*****g way.
    "Are we going somewhere?" Yes, please follow me as I drop you in the core of the planet! Dear Lord...

SickSix likes this.
  7. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

I also have an issue where I am always accidentally removing crew from my party, it would stop me from accidentally leaving my crew behind if they were to be controlled at S.A.I.L.

Also since that leaves interacting with crew free it could be possible to have chemists re-apply their buff when you interact with them on planets, with maybe a 150 second CD.

8. SickSix

SickSix Lucky Number 13

Yes there needs to be a more deliberate action to follow/unfollow crew and a way to keep them from blocking containers and workstations constantly. It is annoying.

9. Arzoog

Arzoog Void-Bound Voyager

I use a staff with attraction zone to slowly inch them away from the spot i'm trying to place something down on.