1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Creepiest quotes you've found?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by iblob, Jan 29, 2014.

1. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

Floran wantsss to meat human in dark alley

Kitten Pryde and Viktor_Raion like this.
  2. cooltv27

cooltv27 Heliosphere

sounds cool, ill be at the top left corner of the alpha sector, on the farthest planet from the star and halfway around the planet
    that should be enough directions

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  3. Viktor_Raion

Viktor_Raion Star Wrangler

i've had that one as well :rofl: i was expecting her to walk to that alley just so i could follow her, but i guess my lack of surprise intimidated her :p

Kitten Pryde and nababoo like this.
  4. Calabrese

Calabrese Guest

That's creepier than a lot of quotes in the game LOL

M C, Kitten Pryde and Viktor_Raion like this.
  5. cheeseywiz98

cheeseywiz98 Void-Bound Voyager

I inspected some things and my character said "replace" It gives me chills every time.

6. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

Would be even creepier if you had a whole town saying it.

"replace" "replace" "replace" said the guards, advancing towards the terrified player as he stumbled backwards, his weapon drawn.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2014
  7. Viktor_Raion

Viktor_Raion Star Wrangler

I dunno why, but i feel like playing Panic Switch on my guitar right now :p rrrrruuuuuuuunnnnnnnnn!

Kitten Pryde likes this.
  8. Nannynonads

Nannynonads Void-Bound Voyager

• "The Miniknog have made me promise to stop teaching Glitch how to twerk."

9. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

It gets way more intressting (or perhaps horrifying) when you consider that florans are unisex. Aka theres no such thing as a floran "female".

Theres just "florans with boobs" and "florans without boobs", both examples of the species are unisex.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  10. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

"Ha ha ha ha" -Chucklefish

Seriously the chucklefish logo may seem like a harmless laughing fish, but then your game crashes right after it, and keeps doing so. After trying to do get it to work about 5 times, you realize, the chucklefish is laughing at your pain. After about 10 more tries you start thinking it may be, possessed by Satan, then 10 times later you realize it is Satan, it is the virtual embodiment of Satan.

Axl4325, Avarwen, AntiStoned and 3 others like this.
  11. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

I find the Avian tomb guards sort of unsettling since their quotes are always so darn short and it looks
    like their eyes are closed. It doesn't help that there is literally no lighting in the tombs at all. Are they
    supposed to be zombies?

12. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

Their .npctype file is literally named "tombzombie" :p

Edit: Also, for the quote I've found that I personally found the creepiest is the "they said they would come back" graffiti you can find the USCM Prison, a ruined wooden house, and some of the old small USCM surface dungeons (they don't spawn any longer in UG).

13. ZallCaTor

ZallCaTor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably just exposed circuit boards and electrical outlets.

14. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Mate, Merlin's been banned here for quite a while...
    Despite thier file name, current avian lore implies that they are, in fact, alive. Though it doesn't explain the birds...

15. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

"You'll make a fine specimen!" - Aggressive Apex scientist

I think what makes it creepy is how ambiguous it is. I'm assuming they'll probably resurrect
    me with sapplings welded to my face as part of a "photosynthesis symbiote experiment" or something.

That sounds pretty mad scientific to me.

16. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

Seriously though, for me the creepiest ones are the very obvious flirting lines between say, Apex and Humans and Apex/Florans.

17. Hedgeriot

Hedgeriot Void-Bound Voyager

Glitch to Human
    "Go ask an Apex to teach you how to twerk. Just trust me."
    Human inspecting chain block
    Chains, and not the fun kind."

18. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

"Riley, put it down. We're not taking that home!" -Pyre 2015

[​IMG]

19. Zair

Zair Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not-so-good implications about the Stargazers.

2015-03-27_00009.png

20. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Quite a few of the Hylotl PC, surprisingly enough. The reason is that the quotes seem to imply that he/she often misunderstands the other races, which, while it makes sense, comes off as creepy when you consider why he/she is travelling around in the first place, and possibily explains why they seem to be nearly-always complaining about everything, along with why nobody seems to be truly able to stand them: They tend to misinterpret the other species.
    There is also quite a few of the quotes related to toilets involving the Floran PC, althrough it becomes a bit of black comedy when you consider that they, for all the possible shapes for a container dedicated to storing brains, they had to shape them like toilets.