1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Creature Sizes+Sea Creatures

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by WeepingAngel988, Aug 26, 2013.

1. WeepingAngel988

WeepingAngel988 Poptop Tamer

Hey guys! So from what I've seen, all of the creatures that you find on planets are either your height or smaller. Anyone know if there will be big creatures? Also, apart from fish, will there be any sea creatures?

tassina likes this.
  2. Liraex

Liraex Orbital Explorer

I've wondered about this before too...about sea monsters. To be honest, I'm terrified of the ocean and everything in it. And I hope to see some really big, scary, sea monsters :eek:

Its a weird dread fascination of mine.

Edit: I remember seeing this wallpaper before, if there's anything like this, oh boy.

[​IMG]

If there's gonna be oceans, I have to IMAGINE they'll have more then tiny fish swimming around...but damned if I'll go down there and look o_O

tassina, Samiz, Oscurita and 3 others like this.
  3. WeepingAngel988

To be honest, I have the exact same 'weird dread fascination' :p

Liraex likes this.
  4. WeepingAngel988

Oh man! That looks awesome! As soon as I got to a cold world I'm going in the ocean.

5. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

Let's see two giant squids and what seems like a LARGER crustacean. There do seem to be creatures to be feared...let's just hope they make it into the game...ur um just not when I am swimming...

WeepingAngel988 likes this.
  6. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

In yesterday's stream, I saw a large frog in the water, also I think there are 4 types of a monster, baby, normal, grown up and mini boss. I am guessing the mini bosses will be bigger.
    I do too hope to dive into the ocean, and be surrounded by large monstrosities, that would be fun.

Oh and that wallpaper is just a drawing, don't expect seeing any of the things it portrays.

tassina likes this.
  7. Liraex

Liraex Orbital Explorer

Gotta add another thought I just had. I'm wondering how deep some of these oceans could go? I mean, will there be deeper 'layers/biomes' that have different creatures. So far we've seen in the i49 stream where he spawned on the ice planet and swam to the surface pretty quickly.

Think that'd be wicked to jump into the ocean and go down and down, and the light get dimmer and dimmer...(You'd need special diving equipment/vehicles maybe). Before you know it you're in pitch black, then you see these giant glowing eyes appear :eek:

There's my nightmare fuel for the night.

8. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

That hidden sea monster in the left corner is terrifying to imagine. What is that dreadful sea beast?

tassina likes this.
  9. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

I heard that they are quite deep.

10. WeepingAngel988

11. WeepingAngel988

We can only hope...

12. klipwc

klipwc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There are entire planets made of water, so yeah giant deep sea monsters will probably be a given... though alittle off-topic i am wondering about the planets with lava...

13. Affero

Affero Contributor

Bigger creatures are probably post-beta. I was hoping we would get to sea creatures for beta, I'll talk with Tiy about it.

14. WeepingAngel988

Thanks, Affero.

15. Affero

Affero Contributor

However don't take anything I say as fact, just pure speculation!

tassina and WeepingAngel988 like this.
  16. WeepingAngel988

Planets only made of water? Sounds interesting...I think I may play as a Hytolt or however you spell it so I can breathe underwater and build a house underwater too.

17. ZephGrey

ZephGrey Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't wait to explore alien oceans in Starbound.

I mean things like this live in our own:
    [​IMG]

I can only wonder at what we'd find in even a simulated video game alien sea.

tassina likes this.
  18. WeepingAngel988

Aww..
    .Awww...that's a cute...whatever it is!

tassina likes this.
  19. Affero

Affero Contributor

How about; Glaucus Atlanticus
    [​IMG]

tassina likes this.
  20. WeepingAngel988

That has to be the coolest creature I've ever seen.

tassina and Avatra like this.