1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Creative Mode - Complete control over your experience. 1.4.5

A mod that allows modifying the game experience through in-game items.

1. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I'll take a look at it soon. Thanks for pointing it out anyway.

The bushes were in but a lot of them generated generic items, so I had to remove them. There's still 'some' bushes in though, the ones that work anyway. It's hard for me to get a list of all objects that aren't printable without going over pretty much every single object in the game again. That's why I added the duplicators as a sort of middle-ground solution.

This is true. While not pleasant, the game engine just cannot handle more than 300 recipes per categories. I'm not entirely sure just yet if computer specs make the limit go even lower, but I'm pretty sure it's just the game's engine limitation, seeing as I have a pretty good gaming computer and even for me it lags with 300 items. There's still the workaround of putting your search term in the search bar in an almost empty category and THEN switch categories though, which should work on whatever system.

2. Sethh

Sethh Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hate to say this but....
    PLEASE find a way to give us an option to disable the flight tech or even the entire mod server side.

It is ruining servers with the invisible griefing going on.

Great mod. Bad for server owners.
    On behalf of all server owners please find a way to fix this issue.

3. Patchumz

Patchumz Pangalactic Porcupine

It's a trivial item to give yourself, even without this mod. This mod isn't doing anything that you couldn't do yourself with 5 minutes of staring at the assets. There's already Camera Man Boost and the Ring of Power in the base game.

4. Sethh

Its not really about that you cant do it yourself..

Its more of an issue that its first listed mod on nexusmods and other places and pretty much everyone has the easiest access to it.

What im saying is its more likely and frequent because his mod makes it so easy.

Edit: An idea might be to show us when someone logs in using the mod in the logs so it is MUCH easier to find the invisible griefer.

5. Rukrio

Rukrio Pangalactic Porcupine

or you know, you could actually play the game using hamachi (or if you're lucky to have a friend who knows how to port forward, without it) and keep the server IP to yourselves. and the server does keep logs of everyone who joins. it's just that the same server program does nothing to check to see if the mods installed match up or not. it's more of a problem Chucklefish will have to tackle and not aMannus.

6. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

As there's multiple posts on the topic, I'm not going to quote anyone in particular. The thing is, it's impossible right now to make anything not work in multiplayer servers at all. Almost everything is calculated client side, which makes it impossible to make certain mods not work on servers. The only way how I could fix this is simply to take out those items out of the mod, which is something I'm not going to do. Keep in mind we're in the first stage of beta. There's obviously a lot of work that'll need to be done for servers. It is indeed the best idea right now to just play with people you know instead of finding ways to eliminate mod usage.

A small light of hope, there's a system planned that packs the entire game into a single .pak file, with a tool that users can pack up their entire game plus mods alltogether. This is going to be the same for servers. The server can pack the game with whatever mods they like to include, and that .pak file will be distributed to anyone joining the server. This way, the server decides completely on what mods the player has access to. Again, this is just the first stage of beta and this'll appear later in the development.

7. Sethh

If i wanted to do that i would....... Obviously that is not the case.
    What i wanted was a way to make my large scale server a little bit better for everyone who logs in.

The .pak file thing sounds quite promising. Is it sort of like whatever files match up between server and client get allowed into the game and the files that dont match up are disabled? Unless its server side then you would be downloading the server files(mods) making server mods compatible for anyone who joins?

8. Patchumz

It's all server side. So none of your mods would work (I think), the server would give you the mods that are required to play on that server.

9. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Game gets stuck on loading, please help!

10. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What's the solution?

11. dilpickle

dilpickle Space Spelunker

I can't seem to get this to work for Mac, any help?

12. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I'll be streaming in like 5 minutes or so for atleast 4 hours. I'll be playing the game legitly first (we're trying to efficiently reach Impervium). As soon as we reach our goal, we'll be playing around with the CreativeMode mod and hopefully build some awesome stuff. You're always welcome to come in and ask questions about the mod as well, of course.

Link:

13. Patchumz

What problem are you running into?

14. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

Making a ship using the CreativeMode mod right now in the stream.

EDIT: And ended the stream for today.

Most of the time being stuck on the loading screen means you have the mod installed in two seperate locations. Look if you're not having any kind of installation of the mod left somewhere else.

We'll need some more info to help you out.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  15. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, I don't.

16. Patchumz

Go check what the starbound.log says and paste the error here. The start of the line will literally be "error". A number of things could be wrong.

steveduck2345 likes this.
  17. aMannus

aMannus Space Kumquat

I had someone else before that said it wasn't showing up, and in the end, he just didn't SEE the ultimate box, while it was there all along. Scroll all the way to the bottom of your C crafting menu and check if it's not actually there.

18. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't. Starbound can't stop loading if I have this installed. My starbound log is too big to copy into a text file and send it to you.

19. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On second thought:

Attached Files:

20. Patchumz

What mods do you have installed currently?