Modding Help Creating new mod, need assistance

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SkyeTheTerribleBeastie, Nov 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SkyeTheTerribleBeastie

SkyeTheTerribleBeastie Pangalactic Porcupine

I was going to create a mod that adds an extra two togglers for color and object type in the character creation for a certain/every race (including for a few mods), but I'm actually not sure where to start. I already have the actual character bodies ready, just not sure where to start after that. I figure I'd need a palette for the optional colors of the added items, and a dedicated color pair? And as for coding, I'm still a complete newb, but I can learn and compare well enough. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's just pointing out the file I need to be patching.

This mod will be a personal build due to NSFW elements, but I will work on a sister-mod (afterwards, once I've got this one built as a base) that's SFW, like, idk, antennae or wings or something.

2. Ranjira

Ranjira Big Damn Hero

Don't know if you are still Working on this but try Lovers Lab for questions like this I usually get prompt answers over there.. Alternatively if you have ceased work on this and do not plan to continue it can I have a copy of the (NSFW version )Files? ( one option is you could post them on LL if not here as mod resources ) if I get working mod out of it I'd give you the Credit as Original Creator ...

3. Noah Nebula

Noah Nebula Sandwich Man

It would probably be in windowconfig somewhere, or charactercreation under the interface folder. After you do figure that part out, I do know you will have to add a patch file to every species you wish the togglers to effect.