Modding Help Creating Custom Instruments

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Superpet, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Superpet

Superpet Aquatic Astronaut

So after unpacking Starbound assets to create my custom race, I thought I'd create an instrument or two either to put with the custom race or just upload. The thing is after looking in sfx assets folder, I can't for the life of me figure out how it works. The only thing I got by looking at the files is I need .ogg instrument samples which I can do, I just don't know what to do after I do make the .ogg and what pitch and stuff to set the samples. It's probably just me being dumb, but if someone could help that'd be great.

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

3. Superpet

That's actually an instrument mod I have bk3k, and it's the main reason I want to get into the custom instrument thing. However, it doesn't answer my question (not trying to be a dick or anything). I was wanting to know what pitches the .ogg files are and, after looking in the instrument sfx files more and finding the instrument sound code, wanting to know what the stuff in the code file means. Looking at other instruments was the first thing I did when trying to figure out how to make them, but I can't just seem to figure it out.

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

5. Superpet

Oh, I never asked anyone who did instrument mods (or any mods for that matter) as I didn't want to bother them with (maybe?) stupid questions. I'm gonna look at some other mods and their code before I ask him/someone else. Wouldn't want to bother them working on those mods or other mods they've made. Thanks, bk3k.