1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crashing randomly while on ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Rose756, Nov 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

Hey, I keep getting this error randomly (see image). After this the game stops responding and closes.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

Rose756 likes this.
  3. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

Here you go, it just crashed again and here's the log.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

What is present on your ship? (What crew members, pets and stuff) Which objects and blocks are placed?

~ Iris ~

5. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

Nothing too out of the ordinary--one Hylotl crew member, and no modded blocks or anything (only mods I have are ones for growing crops). Only placed pet right now is my ship pet. I did /admin most of the items, but they should all be vanilla.

Mostly wood/timber/ornate and some black glass, metal girders, and some lava things from the foundry set. I can post a screenshot if that helps.

6. Iris Blanche

All i can say is that it is somehow related to a monster/npc. Which one in detail is not clear. A screenshot can be helpful in this case.

~ Iris ~

Rose756 likes this.
  7. Rose756

Rose756 Guest

See uploaded files, these are the only decorated areas of my ship so far (pet is sleeping in the pet house). I did experiment previously with adding fish to aquariums using the relocator inside my ship, tethering pets, and I did accidentally spawn penguins onto the ship because of the penguin bar--I had to spawn a monster to, um, "take care" of that problem because they wouldn't despawn.

The crew member was hired after finishing a quest on a planet.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2016
  8. Iris Blanche

Did this happen with the penguin bar as well or first after it was removed?
    I assume that the penguin bar added a spawnpool to your ship for the penguins (like the outpost has) and by removing the bar the "reference point" was removed causing this error. But i'm not sure about this though. At least it would explain why it's crashing when loading a monster.

~ Iris ~