1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crashing like waves on a beach

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Travis Nakasato, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Travis Nakasato

Travis Nakasato Big Damn Hero

I use Windows 10. I recently tried opening starbound and it started as usual: The Chucklefish logo and it's signature laugh. However, immediately after, the game closed. No error message, no nothing. I re-installed Visual +++2015, but it didn't do much. (I think.) I tried deleting the starbound folder, but that resulted in security issues where I was rejected despite having permissions. I investigated by trying to delete the folders in the starbound folder and I was met with the same security messages. Then, I clicked a folder. I got an error message and it appears that whatever was in the folder no longer exists. I also tried editing the security info on the folders, but it said I need Read permissions, which I didn't have for some reason. I hope someone else has a solution to this, as my problem seems unique. The folders that have security issues are as follows: 2015(fixed? the folder disappeared...), docs, tile, win64, _CommonRedist, and vcredist.

2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Please give us starbound.log for the first issue
    The second one i have no idea... virus?