1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Crashes on Load. Missing Texture2D

Discussion in 'Support' started by OverShadow, Mar 15, 2017.

1. OverShadow

OverShadow Space Hobo

Hello everyone. I started playing this game the other day and my file wont load. I started a new game and that one can save and load just fine. Is there a way that I can get my original save to work? I don't want to have to start from day 1 every time an error happens. I do not have any mods, but once when I was fishing I got a treasure with a blue book. I clicked on it and it just vanished. From the box and from my inventory. Could that have been it?

I went to the error log and it says:

Object name: 'Texture2D'.
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr pComPtr)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
    at StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

• invalidmix

invalidmix Space Spelunker

the blue book does that as it goes straight to the museum as for the error try creating a back up of your saved data and then re installing stardew and then placing the saved data back in. to create a copy on windows ten open the start menu and type in %appdata% this will bring up the folder where you will find it.

if that does'nt do anything you will need to fix your save file that we made a back up of to do that go here http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/missing-corrupt-save-file-troubleshooting-guide.112827/ and follow the instructions

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
      • Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Please edit your posts instead of double posting. I done it this time for you

• OverShadow

OverShadow Space Hobo

I looked at the trouble shooting guide and my save file is fully intact. Also all the loading info is correct, so savegameinfo is also working. The part that has the error is the Texture2d. A reinstall did not change anything.

I did find a strange fix. I open Stardew Valley. Hit the box in the upper right to make it windowed. Then load up my game. It works for some reason. Maybe the texture has a problem loading at 1366 X 768 resolution with 80% zoom? I am not sure.