1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crashes and missing characters

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Buckeria, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Buckeria

Buckeria Void-Bound Voyager

every time I open starbound is crashes before it fully loads, and when I do get it to open all characters are missing. I have taken a lot of time to pinpoint the cause to mods.. please help.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Also provide your full specs.

~ Iris ~

3. Buckeria

Buckeria Void-Bound Voyager

I've now fixed that missing character issue, it was just a big mod had been deleted and reposted.
    But now I find that I cannot enter any planet except an asteroid field and I cannot enter the floran, hylotl, avian, or ruin mission.
    So, what logs should I send? there are 5 in my storage folder (starbound.log.1, starbound.log.2, etc) and also what should I give you when you say "specs" because it would take me awhile to find all of them.

4. Lord Aries Greyscale

Lord Aries Greyscale Scruffy Nerf-Herder

you should probably send ALL 6 of those logfiles.
    as for "specs", they mean the same things other game developers mean when they ask for system specs.

Operating System, and whether it is 32 or 64 bit: EXample "Windows 10 64-bit"
    CPU Make, Model, Speed, and Number of cores: EXample "Intel core i5, 2.5Ghz, quadcore"
    Graphics Card Make & Model: Example "ATI Radeon 1500"
    Ram: The only thing most care about is how much of it you have: Example "6 Gigabytes" (I'm aware there's a brand called Gigabyte, and I want to beat them about the head and shoulders [with a nail-gun] for adding more possible confusion about PC parts)
    Hard Drive: EXample: "860 gigabytes free, out of 1Terabyte"
    (probably irrelevant for this particular case, but when it IS relevant mostly they only care about how much space isn't being used.)

if you're on a Windows PC, most of this info can be found with the "system" icon in Control panel.
    http://puu.sh/rnEYH/6238ae843e.png it should GREATLY resemble the provided screenshot.

I haven't the foggiest idea of where to find all of this info on a Mac, or Linux.

Now, if they ask for Drivers, that can get covered at that time.