1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Crash when window loses focus (steam notifications/achievements)

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by moomba89, Feb 16, 2018.

1. moomba89

moomba89 Big Damn Hero

When the steam overlay steals focus from fullscreen stardew on linux (ubuntu xenial 64 bit with unity), the window freezes and is unresponsive. Sound continues, but animations stop. Killing the process is required to proceed.

I have turned the overlay off, but since steam has no way to block achievement notifications, they keep happening. Since achievements are timed to happen just before saving, I lose an entire day every crash which is extremely frustrating as you might imagine.

This is repeatable every time I get an achievement as soon as the notification comes up at the end of a day, or if I simply try to change volume
    1949708 is my build number. The game doesn't produce an errorlog from this issue

Edit: also crashes in windowed fullscreen. So far haven't noticed any crashes in windowed mode, but it's not super immersive to play that way
    Edit 2: adding " & !(class=StardewValley.bin.x86_64)" to the CompizConfig composite section labelled 'Unredirect match' stops the bug so that the game can save, but causes graphics to flicker constantly.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • white.benji

white.benji Space Hobo

I have the same exact problem:
      Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Have you found any better solutions?