Crash when trying to sleep in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by KenT33, May 23, 2018.

1. KenT33

KenT33 Space Hobo

When we try to sleep the host (my friend) would crash and we'd lose everything for that day. it would happen about 90% of the time on any day. Sometime it would show the not responding box then close to desktop, and other times it just turn black screen and closes without showing anything.

(The log and saved files is from my friend)

Attached Files:

• darigandevil

darigandevil Space Hobo

• DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

Something to do with synchronisation, something keeps "Kicking" it out of it, this is pure Vanilla right, and not using the SMAPI

• KenT33

KenT33 Space Hobo

Yeah it's just vanilla

• rockstump

rockstump Void-Bound Voyager

Yep I'm getting the same thing. It's been reported a lot in the multiplayer beta thread.

Apparently the host can play the day in offline mode it won't crash, but I haven't tested it myself.

• KenT33

KenT33 Space Hobo

Yeahhhh the host is able to play it as single player without crashing, my friend never crashed once playing it alone

• Strange1guy

Strange1guy Space Hobo

We've been having similar issues.
              It seems to have something to do with selling blueberries specifically.
              When manually selling blueberries to pierre I (non-host) crash personally.
              (this happened with 2 instances once with 9 silvers and another time with 59 no quality)
              When the stack of 9 silvers remained unsold we progressed to the next day.
              When selling the same blueberries through lewis, we crash upon ending the day (Before the overview of sales).
              Another test we ran was selling every blueberry seperately and I didn't crash personally but we still crashed upon the end of the day.
              There's still a few tests that I hope to get to later.

TLDR when I sell stacks of blueberries to Pierre I can crash out (not host).. if conversely we sell those in the box we crash before saving.... I even tried selling them one by one and didn't crash, yet we still crashed before saving.

• Asian Clark Kent

Asian Clark Kent Intergalactic Tourist

Make sure nobody is running any mods. I've had this issue occur multiple times and when I disable my mods the day transitions smoothly without DC'ing everyone and making them redo the day.

• KenT33

KenT33 Space Hobo

yee we both in Vanilla, nothing new added, just straight up the normal game on multiplayer