1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue crash when loading up a save file.

Discussion in 'Support' started by firebladecool, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. firebladecool

firebladecool Space Hobo

the game crashes every time when loading up my save i really want to keep playing the game.

here the error:
    InnerException: System.Xml.XmlException: Name cannot begin with the ' ' character, hexadecimal value 0x20. Line 1, position 2260991.
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String[] args)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseQName(Boolean isQName, Int32 startOffset, Int32& colonPos)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ThrowTagMismatch(NodeData startTag)
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseEndElement()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseElementContent()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read()
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadString()
    at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.ReadString()
    at System.Xml.XmlReader.ReadElementString()
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read123_Stats(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read127_SaveGame(Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType)
    at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderSaveGame.Read128_SaveGame()
    Stack Trace: at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(XmlReader xmlReader, String encodingStyle, XmlDeserializationEvents events)
    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Deserialize(Stream stream)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__b.MoveNext()
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

please help!

Attached Files:

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

Yeah, well, that's what happens when you replace the information in your Stardew Valley save file with what looks like the code that comprises Curse.com, and some minecraft mods.
      They don't tend to really mesh well with each other, ya feel me?

Edit: I'm attaching a working copy of your save. The majority of your individual stats were overwritten by... whatever you did, so you may or may not have lost some progress in, for example, the mines.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
      • firebladecool

firebladecool Space Hobo

well i didn't touch the code nor did anything effect it much while and nothing new was downloaded to mess with it, just one random crash in the middle of me playing and the thing wound't let me play, so the game must have mess with the code some how during a crash.

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

You're welcome.