1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crash when interacting with specific weapon

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jimdaddy, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Jimdaddy

Jimdaddy Space Hobo

First off, just bought the game, love it. Now the fun:

I was looting what I assume was a Glitch castle (such nice people letting me rob them blind) and found a ton of weapons. More importantly, I found two assault rifles and was testing them. after testing them I tried to click on the the Manatonic Psihowitzer (pic for specifics) and the game disconnected from the server (SP universe, no separate server) citing "incoming client packet caused exception". I loaded back in (it put me in my ship) and then attempter to move the weapon in question to my hotbar, but after clicking on it the game crashed. Figuring it was a one time thing I loaded back in. The slot in my inventory was blank and the weapon was on my cursor as if I was moving it. After clicking to put it back in my inventory, it then crashed again. I CAN move the weapon in question, but the game will crash each time I click it basically. I can fire it without issue, but moving it causes the crash with an access violation error (pic of error also included. I'm attaching the most recent log, though I assume log 1-4 would also include the same error. (renamed to starbound.log from starbound.log.5 so it would let me upload it)

Specs: Dell Optiplex 3020 (i5-4570 @3.2ghz)
    16gb RAM
    MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6gb
    Windows 10 Enterprise

Running Vanilla in Borderless Window

Attached Files:

2. Jimdaddy

Jimdaddy Space Hobo

Update!

Shift clicked at a vendor to sell the weapon in question. No problems now. Seems the crash was related to that weapon in particular.