1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Crash When Fishing

Discussion in 'Support' started by captainmajestic5, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. captainmajestic5

captainmajestic5 Void-Bound Voyager

Sometimes when im fishing and im reeling it in it Just crashes Is anyone else having This problem

• BuenoNino

BuenoNino Orbital Explorer

• captainmajestic5

• BuenoNino

You sure have a graphic card, or else your game would not work properly. Go to my computer->properties->advanced system settings->hardware->device manager->display adapter and here is your graphics card name. Reply here with the name of it pls.

• captainmajestic5

not at home right now but the computer is a one devise thing like its built into the screen there is no way to insert a graphics card or even open it

• captainmajestic5

and i keep having a wierd white blocky screen thing

• BuenoNino

When you reach home, go into this path I showed and tell me the graphic card you have.

• captainmajestic5

Im at home but im not allowed on m'y computer untill i clean m'y room

• captainmajestic5

Its called HD graphics family

• milocamus

milocamus Intergalactic Tourist

I also crash when I fish, not immediate but after maybe 3-4 fishing (where I've actually caught a fish and the mini game pops) I crash. Bought game through STEAM and have NVDIA GTX 970. Playing with default settings

• BuenoNino

Your problem dear @captainmajestic5 is that your graphic video doesn't support such game. It will run? Yes! It will crash? Sure! But why? Because your graphic card doesn't seem good enough to support 256mb of dedicated memory, most of HD Graphics family have standard 64mb (because they are onboard) so... My suggestion? Play it on a desktop.

@milocamus your problem could be resolution, your graphic card seems ok but probably your monitor isn't. Can you tell me your resolutions?

• captainmajestic5

hmmmm I do have another computer I could try that. but its pretty old but im sure it has a much better graphics card though. do I just coppy the game file over to my other pc? I think I can live with the crashes for now thanks friend :lickitung:

• captainmajestic5

what do u mean by desktop?

• captainmajestic5

this is basically the same model I think [​IMG]

• BuenoNino

Nvm, you have a desktop, but this ones are terrible for graphic content. Your game will keep crashing because your graphic card doesn't support the graphic content of the game (Yes, it is pixelated, but have some serious XNA programming, meaning it will affect your video card performance).

My suggestion: Try it on your other PC, if it works, leave a comment here.

Also, if I helped you in any way, press Like! :coffee:

• milocamus

I changed my resolution as per your above comments to 1600x900 and it still crashed after several fishing events

• BuenoNino

@milocamus you have all softwares that the game need, correct? XNA Framework, visual c++, .net framework, all the latest?

• milocamus

Yes, and direct X 11 and such

• milocamus

Still waiting for responce...really like this game...cant play it w/o fishing :(

• milocamus

guess no one cares oh well, moving on to next game on steam