1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Crash when activating ancient gate console

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jimbob767, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Odin527

Odin527 Void-Bound Voyager

Same. As soon as I press E to interact with the gate it crashes.

OS X Yosemite, no mods, happens consistently (both windowed and full screen).
    Log attached.

Attached Files:

2. Hey! Just letting everyone know that we're aware of this issue and we're working on a fix. Thank you for your patience!

3. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

*rejoices ecstatically*

4. Ed_SNEWBELL

Ed_SNEWBELL Lucky Number 13

*goes back to spaceship to beam down unto planet* *waves in Avian*

5. Drolfeir

Drolfeir Void-Bound Voyager

This is super! Thanks! Fwiw, I've gotten far enough to find the same crash when trying to excavate a fossil!

6. Ashen44

Ashen44 Big Damn Hero

yeeeeesssssss thanks!

7. ccwoodside

ccwoodside Space Hobo

Thanks for the note. From what i've played so far the game is great. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Do you think it's safe to make a character? I deleted mine and have been waiting to really get rolling until the update.

8. ehyder

ehyder Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would be a little cautious about assuming your character is safe. I have never lost a character myself but I have seen enough posts about it that I regularly back up the Starbound/storage folder, which contains your player and universe files.

9. ccwoodside

ccwoodside Space Hobo

Ah I'll just wait for the update then. Thank you.

10. SmartPolarBear

SmartPolarBear Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, thank you very much since I was going to report I had the same bug (on Mac like most people here, El Capitan) and the bug happened after 1 hour of gameplay and the game reloaded at the same place I was 1 hour sooner.

I was like "god no I lost 1 hour of work" and I saw that my inventory was the same and my house intact. Pfew!

11. andi242

andi242 Space Hobo

fixed. :)

thanks for the fast delivery ;)

12. ccwoodside

ccwoodside Space Hobo

Wait fixed as in they released a fix?

Or like you used the dedicated server work around?

13. mhhv

mhhv Space Hobo

Yes fixed as patched just tested and the gate is working :pfff:

14. bouche

bouche Seal Broken

Awesome. Thanks for the patch. No crashes in the Outpost anymore. That was an annoying bug.