1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Crash upon Load

Discussion in 'Support' started by Craig_Perry, Jan 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Craig_Perry

Craig_Perry Void-Bound Voyager

My save file has had something go wrong, which resulted in a ton of odd symbols causing errors, I removed all those but now it seems like its pulled something else out along with it and I cannot find what was once there from a clean save file.

The error says: There is an error in XML document (7, 1393264). ---> System.Xml.XmlException: The 'hasBeenPickedUpByFarmer' start tag on line 7 position 1392993 does not match the end tag of 'Object'. Line 7, position 1393264.

I'm not sure what to do from here and any advice would be wonderful. (I have the save file here in the hyperlink as well, in case you need it).

it's the PC version, forgot to mention that

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Alright, I've been taking a look. It appears that along with some broken tags in multiple places, you were also missing a good chunk of location data for places like the desert, adventure guild, and such.

I was able to fix it by replacing the missing code from another savefile for the location stuff, and fixing the tag issues as they came up in the error logs. So, now it loads, and plays(only tested into midday, but it should be fine). But, try it out, and let me know if you have any other issues.

Attached Files:

• Craig_Perry

Alrighty, thanks a bunch, I'll let you know if I run into any problems as I'll test a day out right away

• Craig_Perry

After a couple bits of fooling around with farm type and date, everything is running right back as it was. Thanks again!

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Yea, no prob! ^-^