1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Crash Scale

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by AdenSword, Dec 23, 2013.

?

On a scale of 1-10 How often does starbound crash for you?

1. 1. Never

7 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. 2. Almost never

22 vote(s)
    48.9%
  3. 3. Occasionally

9 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 4. Less than once every 2 hours

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  5. 5. About once an hour

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  6. 6.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 7.

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  8. 8.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 9.

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  10. 10.

3 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much does starbound crash for you?

Im wondering this because I don't see anyone else but me saying it crashes so much its unplayable and im wondering if its just my computer or if other people are just not mentioning it.

EDIT: Oops pressed enter too early meant to say stuff for 6-10 but you get the idea 10 Is its absolutely unplayable

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. MyLittleBurger

MyLittleBurger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've only had it crash about twice, but that was when I was trying to exit the game, so I don't know if that would be counted as an actual crash.

3. Inspiration_

Inspiration_ Space Hobo

I can't even open the game. The new update looks cool so its frustrating, but whatever, I'll just have to wait it out.

4. AdenSword

yeah I would not count that

and it crashes every time I try to do anything and if I manage to load a world ill be REALLY laggy and will I die easily and then it'll crash :whaaat:

5. AdenSword

Oh ok they just added a diagnostic option so suggestion post your system diagnostic here so maybe they can see the problem

Mine
    Scanning System

Number of processors: 2
    Processor architecture: x86
    Processor: x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13, GenuineIntel
    ProcessAffinityMask: 00000003
    SystemAffinityMask: 00000003
    WindowsVersion: 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

EnvAppId: 211820

The Steam Overlay has been detected.
    Disabling the Steam overlay may improve render performance.
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/sbdiagnose-faq.52470/

Environment Compatibility Flags: ElevateCreateProcess

Done.

6. Preyo

Preyo Big Damn Hero

Starbound crashes very frequently for me as well. I am able to play for about 30 minutes between crashes, but each crash requires me to restart my PC.

During the "Irritated Koala" update I deleted my existing characters and created a new character. As long as I did not place objects or blocks on my ship I was able to play with good stability and got all the way up to tier 10.

This most recent update has brought back the frequent crashes. I will delete my characters again :( and see if I regain some stability.

Here are my specs:

Scanning System

Number of processors: 2
    Processor architecture: x86
    Processor: Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel
    ProcessAffinityMask: 00000003
    SystemAffinityMask: 00000003
    WindowsVersion: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1

EnvAppId: 211820

Environment Compatibility Flags: ElevateCreateProcess

Done.

7. Pumpkin_Masher

Pumpkin_Masher Cosmic Narwhal

With the new update I crash trying to exit and that never happened before. I play coop with my brother and he's crashed a few times but nothing extreme. I've never crashed while playing before this patch. Not really in this patch either cause it was the music bug that got me.

8. AdenSword

well its never been good for me except in the VERY beginning like first 2 patches and even then it was INSANELY laggy

and now I can see that its mostly just me we have 12 votes for almost never and 6 for never 6 for occasionally and only 3 for unplayable

I think its my computer. this thing is a piece of CRAP its the worst computer ive seen (not counting old dinasours that cant even run the simplest game that is not over 20 years old)

9. rwnemisis

rwnemisis Void-Bound Voyager

seems like everyone has Environment Compatibility Flags: ElevateCreateProcess.... what does it mean?

10. AdenSword

Hmmm no clue

DEVS!!!! TELL US

11. Maybe 1 or 2 crashes post wipe.

12. Arylin

Arylin Subatomic Cosmonaut

The game's been pretty good to me so far; the few crashes I've had occurred when I entered or exited full screen mode, or when I'm saving and exiting. The former happens more often.

13. Preyo

Preyo Big Damn Hero

I am no longer crashing. The crashes have to have been linked to my .shipworld file, it got corrupted and reset and since then no crashes. Hope this helps you AdenSword.