1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Crash on Journey of the Prairie King

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sqwaine, Jan 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sqwaine

Sqwaine Space Hobo

I bought Stardew Valley a couple of weeks ago during the steam sale. I enjoy this game very much and have recently discovered the achievement aspect within the game. I was moving on to complete Fector's challenge, and after about 10-15 minutes in the arcade game ( in the saloon) Journey of the Prairie King, my game freezes and does not resume, forcing me to exit the game as it does not respond. I have recreated this problem across many different situations, days, and seasons, and it seems to do the same. This seems to happen most often around 3 p.m. but this might be due to the fact that I'm doing the same things and just ending up at the saloon around 3.

If anyone knows a solution to this problem, or finds a solution to this problem, a response would be much appreciated!

Specs: GTX 1070, i7 7700k 500 W Power supply

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Sqwaine

Sqwaine Space Hobo

@Pathoschild

I have no installed mods, and by reset your game files you mean verify integrity of the game, yes, I have done that through steam (right click on the game in steam library, select "properties", under the local files tab).

If you mean something else besides this I have not.

I installed SMAPI, and launching the game with this added on (through properties set launch options) seemed to fix the problem, because I was unable to cause the crash once I played the game through SMAPI.

Thanks for your help!

• Totalitarianists

Totalitarianists Space Hobo

Prairie King is crashing for me too, at multiple levels but on Switch, fully updated.