1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Crash by purchasing furniture/wallpapers

Discussion in 'Support' started by SirParn, May 23, 2018.

1. SirParn

SirParn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Odd things happened prior to the crashes:
    A mysterious course of events transpired prior to the first crash.
    My house is upgraded once, adding the kitchen, and I have Leah as my spous.
    Earlier today I wished to show my friend my farm.
    I have 3 cabins built, and my friend joined, taking one of two empty cabins.
    I can't be 100% certain, I start to doubt myself when I say I recall my default wood flooring being there moments before my friend logged on. But in the session when he joined, I noticed my default cabin floor had changed to the black/white checkerboard pattern, that was previously only placed in the kitchen.
    I have never changed anything to my house other than upgrades, and some furniture here and there.
    No wallpapers, no flooring.

How my game crashes:
    From this point on, purchasing any wallpaper, flooring, catalogue, and even furniture piece,
    will cause my game to lock up, requesting me to choose between finding a solution online, or end the process.
    Note: The speed of my cursor is severely slowed down, should this be of any help.
    Thinking the odd happenings described at the top caused a problem, I created a new character and visited Pierre as soon as I could, but this results in the same crash.
    Backing up my saves, un-installing and re-installing the game (beta) did not seem to help either.
    Both my main save file, and any new save files I create have this issue.

Error log:
    Code:
    Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    InnerException: 
    Stack Trace:    at StardewValley.Object.actionWhenPurchased() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Objects\Object.cs:line 3483
       at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu.tryToPurchaseItem(Item item, Item heldItem, Int32 numberToBuy, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 indexInForSaleList) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ShopMenu.cs:line 696
       at StardewValley.Menus.ShopMenu.receiveLeftClick(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean playSound) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Menus\ShopMenu.cs:line 575
       at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2722
       at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2298
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
       at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
       at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Program.cs:line 122

Specs & other info:
    Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-467K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    Stardew Valley Build id: 2795463 (Fullscreen)

• SirParn

SirParn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having browsed the rest of this Support Forum I notice many have this issue after todays patch.
      Hopefully everyone's errorlogs can help out sort the issue!
      Oh great concerned ape! Undo these ugly checker floorings in my house! I beg of you! :D

• Netail

Netail Seal Broken

Same problem :c