1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Other Crappy Meme That Will Probably Trigger Someone

Discussion in 'Art' started by That1Rand0mChannel, Nov 14, 2021.

1. That1Rand0mChannel

That1Rand0mChannel Industrial Terraformer

shittymeme.png

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@That1Rand0mChannel Stacking posts is frowned upon. Use the edit feature or wait for someone else to reply first. I've merged your posts.

3. That1Rand0mChannel

That1Rand0mChannel Industrial Terraformer

Hmm, looks like the rules here are different than the other social media platforms I use. Well, i'll keep that in mind for next time.

4. Dankino

Dankino Aquatic Astronaut

Oh trust me you have it just don't realize it. Seen people who got use to torture them selves with bad performing games that they got immune to it or simply enjoy the torture, even tho they were damaging their senses with it too. It's not healthy no matter what.

This game granted did work ok for some time and depends how big your world is but there were times when the stutter and drops were evident even without a performance counter or doing much at all.
    I lost count how many times my character died due to things that are not visually present, fallen into an abiss and the major let down this game gave me headaches and hurt my eyes solely due to its broken performance.
    Especially playing it online is a pure torture. Even on local based server we had issues.

One time we rented the one of the most expensive server possible just out of curiosity since our friend had money to burn and the game was still falling apart with only 3 people on it at that time logging in.
    Safe to say that was the time everyone quit it too. That was latest in 2019.

There are some helpful mods that fixed some things but usually the more you do on a game the more jank produces and weird it becomes.

Overall it was a hit and miss. Some years we could play it some years we had to put it away and play something else. At random times try to jump in and see if something can help or got fixed but nope.

On a related note:
    Modder friend told me long time ago that one of the weird things in this game he found and that impacts the performance is that the developers decided to add sound effects to things that really doesn't need it. For example a simple thing as a light item have a sound effect file attach to it, so if you place the same lights in one place multiply it's function and sound file streaming in the same place by the same numbers.
    With other words:
    20 light sources streaming 20 times sound files on loop that occupy the performance for nothing. Add other things here and you will see major frame drops or places that basically crash the game since the machine you play on cant process it all.

So one of the 1st mods he ever made was taking all or most of light items in the game and edit it all to don't stream audio files at all and use less intense FX etc visuals too.
    It was the first mod that made our game playable. But years later other things broke the game and became more needy. And other fixes and mods needed to be made.

Also the fact that old mods been patched out too so it was not fun redo everything again so some old fixes are not present today or harder to find if you got use to follow someone who retired by now.