REQUEST Could we have a sticky telling people we have subforums?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Zhuria, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

I think people missed the memo.. (and honestly, the "Mod Releases/WIPs" is not highly visible)

I've been missing out on a lot of new mods because they're not being posted in the subforums in the proper categories. I just assumed people would be posting them in the right places and not here D:

• Trestkon

Trestkon Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I actually only noticed that recently to be honest. :eek:

Like you say I guess its not highly visible and I'm assuming most people just end up looking at the main stuff at the bottom especially when they see "Released".

But yes guys subforums is there in the right categories for mods.

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

It'd be great if Forums > Other Chucklefish Games > Stardew Valley > Mods just went to the Mods Releases area with all the Categories and we had a new Category at the top labelled "General Discussion" or something like that.

Zhuria likes this.
        • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

I like that!

• Topodic

Topodic Void-Bound Voyager

I agree, the whole mod section is kind of a mess right now, something like this would help a ton.

• The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

All subforum threads are Auto generated by modders who post their mods in the mod repository.
              http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/

I have tried to contact most mod authors - informing them of it.
              Though there might be a few I missed.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Aaahh, I see. I didn't even know the mod repository existed, lol

Topodic likes this.
                • BunnyBuns

BunnyBuns Subatomic Cosmonaut

We have a mod repository?? Ahh this is good news for me!

Zhuria likes this.
                  • The | Suit

If there is any mod you don't see in the repository - just inform the modder of it.
                    Most still might not be aware we just started one.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

So when it auto-posts threads for me, I can delete those, right? Already have threads but would like to post on the repository! :)

• The | Suit

I have no idea what that means.

When you upload a mod - to the repository the forum will automatically create a thread in the section for you.
                        Any time you update the mod - through the repository - the forum will post the update in the thread and inform all users who downloaded the mod of the update.

If you already accidentally made a thread in the sub forum which was not through the respository- just press the report abuse button on it and request a lock.

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

Do we have to keep the automatically created threads or can we delete them without it affecting the respository entry? Some of us already have threads for the mods established and would like to keep using those.

• The | Suit

The ones made in the repository are essential to how the system works.
                            Since the discussion page on the Overview would be linked to it.
                            Also all updates are automatically pushed to it.

I can move the posts from the old thread to the new one.

To ask a moderator to merge the threads press Report abuse on the Old thread OP
                            and provide the link to the discussion page made by the repository and ask for the posts to be merged.

When a moderator is free - they will merge it.

The down side is it can break things - and it will have an odd ordering since its based on date.
                            It is better though for everything to go smoothly to abandon the old thread without merging.

• BunnyBuns

SOO [​IMG]
                              Being the air head I am, I'm going need to ask this, if I'm getting this right we should upload our mods to the repository and not the forums??

• The | Suit

Yes - the repository will automatically make a thread for you.

• Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Well that is confusing as hell.. I was posting here long before I knew about the repository, and when the subforums were made my thread was moved there by a mod. I like these forums a lot more than I like the repository and I like being able to design my OP the way I like.

I might just skip uploading to the repository to avoid having to deal with this.

Topodic likes this.
                                  • BunnyBuns

Ahhh okay time to delete my other threads ;w;

• The | Suit

You can design it the exact same way in the repository....
                                      The only literal difference is - users who downloaded the mod are automatically notified when an update happens and CF hosts the file on their servers.
                                      Otherwise the forum \ overview page are the same style anyhow. The Forum will make a new thread automatically.

• BunnyBuns

Okay one last question! for example me and Zhuria have a BUNCH of animal retext mods, once we (or just I) Uploads something to the repository can we just add each download to the same forum post so we don't have like 11 different forum post all for pets

Zhuria likes this.
                                        • Zhuria

Zhuria Cosmic Narwhal

Ok, I like that idea, but the problem is I've been using my threads to host multiple mods in one place. The repository does individual mods, correct? I've got dozens.. It would make dozens of thread. I like having one place ;_;

BunnyBuns likes this.