Could someone provide me with a specific screenshot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sidmarill, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Sidmarill

Sidmarill Void-Bound Voyager

Hey everyone. I hope you are all well.
    I'm currently making Pelican Town in Minecraft. Don't ask why, I'm just a huge nerd for these games. I'm going pretty damn accurate, and it's easy since Stardew uses a grid as well. I have the entire map gridded out for me to use, thanks to the wiki entry on where it is safe to place chests. The only place I don't have is the bus stop area and the pathway behind the house that goes above the tunnel. I got into game and counted how many squares there are but I just couldn't wrap my head around it without a bigger picture. I tried using GeDoSaTo to get a picture, but for some reason it just wouldn't work. Figured someone here probably already has GeDoSaTo working for them and could provide me with these. I would be eternally grateful!

:nuruflirt:

Rauchschwalbe and Jack Of Shades like this.
    • LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Best of luck on that, I do hope you'll share the finished results when you're done. :) I started to build the farmhouse in MC once but never finished it, was too busy playing Stardew. lol Some stuff is a bit hard to match since MC's block size is sometimes wider than the walls in Stardew Valley, making it difficult to get house dimensions exact, but I think as long as it's not too super detailed you should be able to pull it off.

Do you just need a basic screenshot or does it have to be taken with GeDoSaTo?

• Sidmarill

Thanks! And I will :p

I'm looking for a screenshot similar to this;[​IMG]

But of the two areas I'm talking about. I know there probably isn't that much off-camera but I just need a shot of the area as a whole. It's that, or I try and stitch together multiple screens together. Which would be a headache and a half lmao.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

Within the spoiler below are images of the backwoods and bus stop courtesy of the Map Image Export mod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ChaosAzeroth and Sidmarill like this.
          • Sidmarill

Yoooo!! Thanks a bunch Mousey! And thanks for bringing this mod to my attention. Very useful! ♥ ♥ ♥

ChaosAzeroth likes this.
            • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What are all those brown things?

• Sidmarill

Haha, looks weird, right?
                I'm not entirely sure what object they are. But they're there to show which areas of the map are safe to place chests. Anywhere there isn't a weird brown object is where NPCs walk.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Those are rotted jack-o-lanterns. lol Someone did an experiment a long time ago to see where npc's walked - wherever there's a path in the rotted jack-o-lanterns is where someone pushed their way through.

Charity322 and ChaosAzeroth like this.
                  • Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is a very dedicated experiment. That must have taken them ages.