1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Could not retrieve GalaxyPeer library location

Discussion in 'Mac / Linux Bug Reports' started by offpolygon, Aug 4, 2018.

1. offpolygon

offpolygon Intergalactic Tourist

It seems the GOG Linux version is unable to find the GalaxyPeer library, not sure if this relies on an actual GOG Galaxy or not, but it would be sick to finally figure this one out.

This is on Arch Linux, 64-bit on a AMD Ryzen 5 1600X,
    with and without an installed system MONO 5.12.0.260 / MonoGame 3.6, with and without edited dllmaps in monoconfig.
    Question: What is actually the one expecting to find this file anywhere, it's not either of the ELF libraries/binaries far as I can tell. And I've tried moving it around to different locations with the same result.

LAN play is connecting fine and all, but I can't join people using Invite codes and I can't host using Invite codes either, which is a bit of a bummer.

An excerpt from the log at line 14527 running 'MONO_LOG_LEVEL=debug ./start.sh >> debug.log' full log can be added at request since it's quite long.

Code:
    Mono: _wapi_handle_test_capabilities: testing 0x3 against 0x1 (1)
    MonoGalaxy.Api.GalaxyInstance+RuntimeError: Could not retrieve GalaxyPeer library location
      at Galaxy.Api.GalaxyInstance.Init (System.String clientID, System.String clientSecret) <0x40896f80 + 0x00033> in <filename unknown>:0
      at StardewValley.SDKs.GalaxyHelper.Initialize () <0x40896af0 + 0x00027> in <filename unknown>:0
    : _wapi_handle_test_capabilities: testing 0x3 against 0x8 (0)

• offpolygon

offpolygon Intergalactic Tourist

News: I read the blog posts about beta in greater detail and we won't have this ability until GOG devs are done sticking their heads in the sand, so this pretty much works as a place holder or anti-Galaxy solution, until the actual Linux GOG client comes out https://www.gog.com/forum/general/comet_galaxy_client_for_linux Not sanctioned by GOG, so at your own risk. But so far so good :>