1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Cosmostache might do way too much damage...

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by gigaus, Aug 30, 2017.

1. gigaus

gigaus Aquatic Astronaut

I've gotten to the point where I'm unlocking the highest tier parts for my Mech, and even with a fairly hardy body, these little guys are still the most dangerous enemy I'm running into. Literally.

Heavy Drones and Spinemines, if they hit they take maybe 1/5th of my HP. Cosmostaches? If one hits its 1/3rd of my HP, and they almost never spawn as just one. I get that at higher levels the enemies should be doing more damage, but I'm feeling that these small bots that rocket at you should not be doing more damage than space creepers....

2. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

They're rather fragile, if compared to Heavy Drones, and the drills can deflect them.

3. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Also rapid fire weapons can slow their advance to a crawl, and their flight path is very predictable. I have more trouble with the mine laying enemies that spawn alongside mobs. Alone they're not very dangerous, but in a mixed group they're a pain.

4. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Honestly I think the Cosmostache would be better served by, oddly enough, changing the Masteroid a bit.

Both have basically the same attack pattern (beeline body-ram) and take a fair few hits to destroy/divert. I feel like the Masteroid should be considerably weaker overall, both in HP and in damage delivered, but that there should be more sizes, and every time they split they should split into more smaller Masteroids, maybe 3 instead of 2 each split. They should be pretty easy to fracture/destroy individually, but ultimately have a nasty tendency to swarm and distract.

The only change I'd make to the Cosmostache then is to reduce its encounter rate just a titch, so you only get maybe one per grouping. I feel it should be the tougher of the body-rammers. Make it a stronger singular threat by making the Masteroid more of a swarming nuisance.

STCW262 likes this.