1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Corrupted Save (i've tried everything)

Discussion in 'Support' started by Hauntli, May 18, 2018.

1. Hauntli

Hauntli Tentacle Wrangler

Long story short, Stardew was working fine until i went on vacation for a week, and i came back to a very corrupted save file. I've tried all the methods i've seen but i'm not very good with coding nor do i have a save file that's not corrupted to base off of. The issue i'm getting is when i click the load file, the game crashes. It also just looks strange (i'll post a photo). Any help would be very much appreciated! I'll attach the corrupted save file as well.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Hauntli

Adding the crash report info!

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Menlo; color: #ff3b1e; background-color: #ffffff} span.s1 {font-variant-ligatures: no-common-ligatures}

[SMAPI] An error occured in the overridden update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at StardewValley.GameLocation.seasonUpdate (System.String season, Boolean onLoad) <0x16efbc820 + 0x003e4> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.Game1.setGraphicsForSeason () <0x16efbb990 + 0x000ec> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.SaveGame+<getLoadEnumerator>d__51.MoveNext () <0x1701dd000 + 0x00e27> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime time) <0x167617fb0 + 0x000a4> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewValley.Game1.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x167611290 + 0x03400> in <filename unknown>:0

at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x15ba9eb40 + 0x001e0> in <filename unknown>:0

• MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

This issue is due to the fact that Beta saves will not work in v1.2.33 or older versions of Stardew. The Beta & upcoming multiplayer update has a lot of new data that is added to the saves. So, you'd need to opt into the Beta again, or if you really must go back to v1.2.33 I converted the save.

I also recreated a SaveGameInfo file for you Beta save when testing it out; as it's missing from the folder you sent me.

Attached Files:

• Hauntli

Thank you so much for the help! Silly me didn't consider going back to the old version would mess things up. I ended up using the old version's files and it worked! <3

MysticTempest likes this.