Corporation Revitalization Plan

Discussion in 'Corporations Archive' started by nababoo, Apr 29, 2013.

1. I've got an idea for an event set up -- I'll start with that sometime soon.

Prophet of Deception and SivCorp like this.
  2. Opirian

Opirian Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for posting this thread you have a lot of good ideas and points, I'll see what I can do as well.

nababoo and Headphoner like this.
  3. We must slowly build our base of members, then we will explode and rival the Clan subforum in terms of activity.

Evilplan

4. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

actually, I think we need to hold onto the members that join... keep their interest.

5. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

I'll help, my specialty is dressing in lady costumes so... you never know. (ahhh, the good times with KS)

I really want to make the Corporations what they used to be. We'll need to start off by getting more people interested, that includes saying to new members that they should totally check out the Corporations subforum and generally just making new companies, eye catching and active enough to lure more people in. More 'popular' forum-members could advertise in their signatures and such.

nababoo likes this.
  6. The "introducing" to the new members is an interesting idea.

Shock likes this.
  7. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

How is this plan going, then?

8. SimYouLater

SimYouLater Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'd like to help with this. If I have to I'll create multiple corporations to boost the starting economy, most of which I will later sell off to other companies to become subsidiaries/"merger victims". (I'll keep GECorp, my energy corporation, and the toy company I have planned.)

9. Just need more people participating -- right now it's stagnated again. I'm really hoping beta release is gonna perk things up around here.
    Excellent set of ideas. Perhaps I could follow through with some sort of vault planet.

10. SimYouLater

Thanks! And the vault planet sounds interesting!

I'm going to limit myself to 5 corporations for now, unless anyone thinks even that is too much. My first "sacrificial lamb" corporation is going to be a bank (potentially competing with the vault planet, unless I misread that). We need to get the loans from somewhere, so I'm giving the bank 1,000,000 Pixels in starting cash to loan out.

nababoo likes this.
  11. SivCorp

SivCorp can buy out your bank right now.... but yes, I think having multiple corps may be the only way to boost activity.

12. Prophet of Deception

Prophet of Deception Big Damn Hero

I could run a thing with the IBI giving out orders for some corps to help find new colony planets or something... you don know that the IBI part of IBI-R stands for Intergalactic Bureau of Investigation right? Government is a good way to make co-operation between corps seem RP legit.

13. SimYouLater

I figured having too much cash would make it too easy. By limiting the starting cash, it forces the players to expand the economy in order to get additional loans.

Sounds good.

nababoo and Prophet of Deception like this.
  14. Also, just noticed some of the signatures. Er... nice shoutout :rofl:

Perhaps someone would be disposed to create a basic banner? I'd definitely like to spread word of this some more.

15. SivCorp

I'm a graphic artist, what kind of banner are you thinking of, nababoo?

16. "Revive the Corporation Subforum"

Along with some simple nifty graphics. I appreciate your assistance to a great degree :)

17. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

How about some of us divide of into groups and start creating these corporations. I call dibs on nababoo.

SivCorp likes this.
  18. SimYouLater

Already set up the bank, an advertisement topic, a stock exchange, and revived GECorp. I'll get to work on the toy company I planned today.

19. Headphoner

Headphoner Cosmic Narwhal

We don't really have any more active weapons manufacturers anymore, do we? Someone should get to making a new one.

nababoo likes this.
  20. SimYouLater

If that's the case, someone should delete the big, stickied topic saying that we have too many weapons manufacturers.

Prophet of Deception likes this.