OOC Corporate Domination

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by TΔktik, Nov 21, 2015.

?

So, how does this sound?

1. Great!

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Decent.

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Horrible. Simply horrible.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Corporate Domination
    Gamma-Lambda IX is an 'independent colony' near the borders of USMC territory. It is inhabited by citizens of all races. It is currently dominated by powerful mega-corporations, which have heavily bribed and manipulated the colony's original government. Now, every aspect of life on this world is under their control. Some groups resist this dominion, but these revolts are often put down with great force. This corporate alliance has, effectively, established total autocracy.
    And for one reason or another, you are living under its reign.

1. I am in charge. I am in charge. In fact, if I wanted to, I could make fluffy purple burritos fall from the sky, and you would have to react accordingly.
    2. Don't go overboard with profanity or content. Just don't.
    3. Don't godmod. Seriously. Don't godmod.
    4. If you really wanna have romance in this thread, fine. Just keep it PG-13.
    5. Don't kill people in incredibly brutal ways that create disturbing, graphic imagery.
    6. Don't be meta.
    7. Keep OOC in the OOC thread.
    8. Don't kill players without their permission.
    9. Don't put an entire killing spree into a single post- Actually, you probably shouldn't go on a killing spree anyway.
    10. Depending on the offense and whether or not I am in a good mood, I may or may not give you a second chance. If I don't, I either kick you out or kill your character. Or both.

Me. Ask to be a GM, and I kick you out.

Name:
    Race and Gender(Preferably vanilla.):
    Personality:
    Traits:
    Flaws:
    Items/Weapons:
    Backstory:
    Requested Starting Location:
    Other:

The Starport(City of Chimera): The docking ports for inbound spacecraft.
    Greyhound Weapons HQ(Chimera Citadel): Established by Greyhound Weapons to defend the city of Chimera and to put down insurgencies. Commonly referred to as the Citadel. Civilians are allowed in the citadel, but under heavy surveillance. 150 floors, one kilometer tall, two across, under maximum security, and intimidating in every way possible.
    The Residencies(Housing): The main civilian area in Chimera. Fewer Greyhound guards here than in other areas. Home to some minor resistance operations.
    Paramount R&D HQ(Research Facility): Houses the lab equipment and scientists of Paramount Tech. Secured by Greyhound guards, but civilians are allowed in the building.

Additional locations can be discovered by PCs.

Chimera, Inc. is an urban development company. It ultimately succeeded, and funded the construction of the colony's capital, Chimera. Chimera Inc. Holds most of the political power on the colony.

Greyhound is a well-funded and well-founded weapons company. Through industrial espionage and intimidation, its competitors were put out of business. It was the first company on the colony to secure real power, and it currently holds the military power on the colony.

Paramount was established after its 'business partners' effectively took control of the colony. It is responsible for the colony's technological advancement.

Provided by various private medical companies that are funded by and allied to the mega-corporations. These companies own various medical facilities throughout the colony.

Name: Kaloan Ikiine
    Race and Gender(Preferably vanilla.): Hylotl Male
    Picture/Physical Desc: Dark grey skin. 3 olive-green fins on either side of his head. White neck and chest. He wears a white bullet-resistant robe. He is rather small, standing at 5'3".
    Personality: He is a renegade by nature. His morals are honorable, although he will sometimes go to extremes to defend them. He wants to see the corruption in the colony's government abolished.
    Traits: He is a skilled hacker and can work under pressure. He is decent with small-arms. He is deserving of trust, at least if you are on his side.
    Flaws: He is not very physically strong and is a terrible liar. He is very lacking in skill with heavy weapons.
    Items/Weapons: A gauss pistol, a combat knife, and a bag holding his personal computer.
    Backstory: He was born on the colony and put substantial faith in its government. He was deeply upset when it was revealed that they had been taking bribes, and he was quick to join the resistance against the corrupt government, using his skill with technology and hacking.
    Requested Starting Location: The residencies.

Name: Bloodeye
    Race and Gender(Preferably vanilla.): Floran, female.
    Personality: Always happy but likes to stab random things, also hates hylotl, i mean, what did you expect.
    Traits: Good with small weapons and bows, fast runner.
    Flaws: She can not use heaby weapons.... at all, she also cant run for too long.
    Items/Weapons: Goggles and a knife.
    Backstory: Just yer typical floran backstory, except penguins attacked and forced her to go to the planet the rp is on.
    Requested Starting Location: Weapons HQ, looking at some of the different weapons on display.
    Other: none
    Physical desc: She owns no desks Green skin, wearing goggles and a lab coat, on her head is a venus flytrap.

Name: Gallagher
    Race and Gender: Human Male
    Picture/Physical Desc: Can be seen wearing a military-style jacket over a brightly coloured floral-print shirt; khaki pants, and 'stompy' steel toed boots. Might have had a military style haircut, but has been letting his hair grow out.
    Personality: Fairly laid back under normal circumstances, gets excited by the prospect of turning big things into many small things with explosives
    Traits: Former combat engineer, trained to build emplacements and fortifications as well as blowing them up with explosives. Also regular military training.
    Flaws: Doesn't work well with authority and may get himself into trouble. That shirt and those pants might offend people with sensitive fashion sense.
    Items/Weapons: Combat knife, semi-automatic pistol, armoured clothing, any explosives he could have smuggled in.
    Backstory: Once a member of Earth's armed forces as a lieutenant of the engineering corps. He ran afoul of politics within the army hierarchy and was forced to resign. Deciding to try to make a living in the mercenary business, he has 'washed up' on the 'shores' of Gamma-Lambda IX.
    Requested Starting Location: Starport (New arrival)
    Other: Theme song is Short Change Hero by The Heavy

Name:
    Vinestab Huntwilds (Vinny as a nickname)
    Race and Gender: Floran, Male
    Picture/Physical Desc: see profile, however usually has on an overcoat, and glasses
    Personality: He is a very bookish individual who often looses himself in a vague thought - his mind drifts often - and as opposed to the rest of his race is incredibly pacifistic and calm. He is also a free spirit and wants to crush the shackles that bind him, and no degree of pacifism will stop him from taking that freedom back from the mega corporations.
    Traits: He is a tinkerer by nature and is resourceful with machines. He doesn't like to use weapons, and instead relies on his drones and uncanny ability for diplomacy for protection. Although he is a very shelled person, if you can get his trust it will never fail you. He is a prodigy for his age and a quick study.
    Flaws: not particularly strong, refuses to use weapons, and will completely loose focus sometimes. He can also be annoyingly immature and naive at times, due to his age.
    Items/Weapons: He keeps several assorted books in a bag, with a soldering iron and bits of scrap metal in his pockets.
    Backstory: At a young age, Vinestab was adopted by a glitch professor visiting his village. He learned many things from his new glitch father, and it became clear he had a gift with machines. At 15, he moved to Chimera seeking a job with Paramount R&D to help his father with the recent economic recession that had occurred, but quickly found that things were not what they seemed in this new city. He pledged to undo the corruption within the broken system.
    Requested Starting Location: The Starport
    Other: None

Name: Ekal
    Race and Gender(Preferably vanilla.): Novakid Female.
    Picture/Physical Desc: Ekal is a light blue Novakid, with a Mercenary outift and a scarf.
    Personality: She is mainly rather rude, and seems to sarcastic... alot of the time.
    Traits: She is agile, and rather energetic.
    Flaws: She is slightly dumb at certain things.
    Items/Weapons: A Desert Eagle
    Backstory: Ekal mainly grew up in dead star, like most Novakid. She eventually found a ship, and crashlanded i
    Requested Starting Location: The Residencies
    Other: Nothing much.

Name:siel`thrak
    Race and Gender: Female, Glitch
    Picture/Physical Desc:
    Personality: willful, freedom loving, destructive, hates the corporations and all they stand for
    Traits: independent, strong, perceptive, experienced in demolition, rebellious, quick thinking
    Flaws: loud, impulsive, paranoid, faulty
    Items/Weapons:improvised flamethrower she built into her arm, demolitionist's sledgehammer, 3X small shaped demolition charges
    Backstory: a demolition worker for the corporations, was a mundane(still outcast) glitch, than she got a large metal plate embedded in her, and she turned off, They scrapped her, with her equipment still on her, they could not pry it from her grasp. She woke up changed, and in a scrapyard, ready to start an insurgency
    Requested Starting Location: paramount R&D trash compactor
    Other: she is malfunctioning- her circuits are on the fritz and she may glitch out once in awhile

Corporations- -50%
    Main Resistance- 25%

Corporations- 0%
    Main Resistance- 0%

Corporations- 0%
    Main Resistance- 0%

Corporations- 0%
    Main Resistance- 0%

Corporations- -65%
    Main Resistance- 0%

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
    The Squid likes this.
  2. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

Well... aren't you straight forward

3. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

I guess?

4. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

5. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Oh, right.
    It's true, though.
    I am in charge.

6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I guess I'll be the first to say, this sounds interesting; I'd like to join in.

7. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Great! Sorry for the delayed response.[DOUBLEPOST=1448209073][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright, well, maybe I should change the name to something that makes more sense.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  8. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Personality: Always happy but likes to stab random things, also hates hylotl, i mean, what did you expect.
    Flaws: She can not use heaby weapons.... at all, she also cant run for too long.
    Backstory: Just yer typical floran backstory, except penguins attacked and forced her to go to the planet the rp is on.
    Requested Starting Location: Weapons HQ, looking at some of the different weapons on display.

9. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Sounds pretty good. It might be a while before we can start. This thread seems to be growing slowly.
    Edit: Alright, I put it in the OP.

10. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

1. I am in charge. I am in charge. In fact, if I wanted to, I could make fluffy purple burritos fall from the sky, and you would have to react accordingly.
    If fluffy purple burritos fell from the sky Bloodeye would goL O MY GOD YES YES YEEEEEEEEES

11. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I (Probably) won't do that.

12. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Fluffy pink burritos then"?

13. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

No burritos unless I really want to prove my authority.
    (Sorry.)

14. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

THEN I MUST DEFIE YOUR AUTHORITY

15. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Then there is a much higher chance that I kick you out than that I make burritos of any kind fall from the sky.[DOUBLEPOST=1448307854][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh. Zetta, I left two fairly important things out of the character app. Can you add age and physical desc to your app?
    @FactoringZettaShonic

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  16. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Name: Gallagher
    Race and Gender: Human Male
    Picture/Physical Desc: Can be seen wearing a military-style jacket over a brightly coloured floral-print shirt; khaki pants, and 'stompy' steel toed boots. Might have had a military style haircut, but has been letting his hair grow out.
    Personality: Fairly laid back under normal circumstances, gets excited by the prospect of turning big things into many small things with explosives
    Traits: Former combat engineer, trained to build emplacements and fortifications as well as blowing them up with explosives. Also regular military training.
    Flaws: Doesn't work well with authority and may get himself into trouble. That shirt and those pants might offend people with sensitive fashion sense.
    Items/Weapons: Combat knife, semi-automatic pistol, armoured clothing, any explosives he could have smuggled in.
    Backstory: Once a member of Earth's armed forces as a lieutenant of the engineering corps. He ran afoul of politics within the army hierarchy and was forced to resign. Deciding to try to make a living in the mercenary business, he has 'washed up' on the 'shores' of Gamma-Lambda IX.
    Requested Starting Location: Starport (New arrival)
    Other: Theme song is Short Change Hero by The Heavy

17. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Looks good! Accepted.

18. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

d
    Physical desc: She owns no desks green skin, wearing goggles and a lab coat, on her head is a venus flytrap.

19. TΔktik

TΔktik Phantasmal Quasar

Alright, thanks.

20. TheWorstPersonEver

TheWorstPersonEver Cosmic Narwhal

May I join?

well, nothing is here in this spoiler