WIP Cooking Utensils

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SehxualPanda, Nov 6, 2016.

1. SehxualPanda

SehxualPanda Void-Bound Voyager

Objective: To add a strategic value into cooking.

Tired of a very bland, point-and click auto cooking mechanic? look no more! With this new mod (currently under development) cooking will be a pinch more challenging. Cooking your favorite dish, for example: Fried Egg, will require the player to obtain certain cooking utensils before producing a tasty dish!

attached is an example of the Cooking Utensils that will be available:

Say you want to cook a Fried Egg, you will first need to approach the stove and press the action button, which will prompt you into a selection screen, from there you will need to follow a recipe

Utensils Needed:
    -Frying Pan
    -Seasoning: Salt

Ingredients Needed:
    -Egg
    -Oil

If you followed the recipe correctly, your reward will be a perfectly cooked dish, however, if you add more ingredients and spice the recipe up a bit, the outcome will be an even higher quality dish.

the strategic aspect of this mod will be that you must acquire the proper utensils in order to cook a recipe from scratch. So you must purchase each individual utensil from a new TV channel called the Shopping Channel. This channel will air every Saturday and display 1 item at a time from which you can buy, once you place your order expect it to arrive 1-3 business days via UPS (because who doesn't like getting packages in the mail, right?)
    So all in all, this is sorta like a side-quest which will cost the player some $$$$ to strategically make decisions. "Do I really need that Barn Upgrade? or should i invest in a Cooking Utensil instead,it will be perfect for making Pizza which will give me extra HP so that i can go to a deeper level in the mines instead"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

I like this idea! I will be watching this for progress.

Harzelora likes this.
      • SehxualPanda

SehxualPanda Void-Bound Voyager

Ran into some problems with this, anyone interested in helping me develop this mod please PM me.

• Externual

Externual Space Hobo

The concept is amazing, will surely add some flavor to cooking!