REQUEST Cooking Utensils is it Possible??

Discussion in 'Mods' started by SehxualPanda, Sep 30, 2016.

1. SehxualPanda

SehxualPanda Void-Bound Voyager

I was wondering if a mod could be created that would require the player to make a recipe that involved cooking utensils such as a: Pot, Pan, Seasoning (Salt, Sugar, Pepper), Knife, Rolling Pin, Oven etc..

for example lets say i wanted to make Noodles:
    I would walk up to the kitchen stove and press the action button, then i would be prompted to select Ingredients and Utensils to craft a recipe from scratch. I would select Pot and Rolling Pin as my utensils and Seasoning- Salt, I would then select flour and egg as my ingredients and if all is correct, I would create Noodles.

Can this be done through a mod? or is the code hardwired into the game..

Cemo likes this.
    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

This could be done, but its more about how much time it would take and whom would be interested in programming it.

Personally, I like the idea, but to me, it would take longer to make than the benefit it would provide.

Don't only take my word for it all though!

• SehxualPanda

This was actually a mechanic in Harvest Moon, its the way cooking worked.
        What i really liked about this mechanic was turning on the TV on Saturday morning and watching the TV Shopping Network, there they would advertise different things you were able to buy that you couldn't get at the Market like cooking utensils, clocks, fridge etc..
        To order an item from the TV Shopping Channel you would run down to the Inn and make a call to place an order and would receive the item within 2-3 days.

Adding this to Stardew Valley, would give the player more things to buy and also receiving stuff in the mail is fun!

I'm thinking of modding this in, but where would i start?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Start learning how to make a mod :S Takes coding knowledge. The more complex the mod the harder it will be to learn/finish.

I suggest if you're new to coding that this may be a bit complex to start with; you may become quickly frustrated at not making progress.
          However, if you're persistent check the stickies. They have all the links to all the guides you need to start learning.

You've got me interested in it now though. Give me til new Sunday (Oct - 9th), I'll have some work on it. I can probably make this happen. The difficulty is artwork.
          I can do UI screens and have all the code ideas already in my head; I just need artwork for the tools (I'm that inartistic)!

Let me know if you're still into it.

Cemo likes this.
          • SehxualPanda

I can do the Artwork, that's not a problem. Sounds good man, look forward working with you!

Cemo likes this.
            • SehxualPanda

Kitchen Re-arrangement, now includes utensils. Finally got this working in SMAPI

Attached Files:

foghorn likes this.