1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Cooking station? Or equivalent?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kelphy, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Kelphy

Kelphy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can't for the life of me figure out how to make a cooking station? Also it's extremely hard to gather enough food to keep me alive, so I decided to start a farm, but all the wheat I cannot turn into bread without a cooking station.

Any ideas? Any pointers on survival?

2. Shooting Star

Shooting Star Existential Complex

You can make a cooking station with the inventors table but early on a campfire will do just fine, try to get some meat at the start and start up a small farm you can go back to every now and then it takes some time but really pays off.

Edit at the outpost there is a cooking station next to the fridge :)

3. Shoeshinejob

Shoeshinejob Void-Bound Voyager

To stave off hunger, my choice of crops is rice. With rice, you don't have to keep replanting things and when harvested it stacks because since its a grain it doesn't perish. You can just carry the grains with you and when you get hungry, you lay down a campfire and enjoy a nice bowl of Boiled Rice or two. Its also not a bad idea to just keep a hunting bow on hand for some quick meat, just remember things perish. If you find a refrigerator, snag it, it'll help keep perishables fresh.

4. Kelphy

--- Post updated ---
    Sadly the inventors table doesn't have a Cooking Station I've checked.(will go check the Outpost out though) Camp fires I don't believe can make bread either, last time I checked. I have been doing the meat thing though, but usually the time it takes me to find meat, I have already eaten the meat I have found.

Edit: Thank you by the way haha!

5. Shooting Star

A hunting bow or hunting anything makes it easier to find meat . I can exactly remember but if it isn't the inventors table then I don't know what is really I already upgraded mine so that's maybe it. I found getting mushrooms (unprepared they stack cause they can't rot *) very useful and you can make roasted mushrooms. Or try to get some tomatoes there are plenty of fruits you can make dishes with that only take 1 food piece as ingredient

6. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

The inventor's table has to be upgraded for more crafting stations to appear.

7. Kelphy

How exactly do I upgrade to the next level? I defeated the boss, that used to be how to upgrade, this time, I don't think so...

8. KaelRhain

KaelRhain Void-Bound Voyager

You will get kitchen station available After you upgrade the inventors table, hover with mouse on big UPGRADE letters on top of the UI of the inv table to see the requirements to upgrade it.

9. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Yep, if you upgrade the inventor's table once it opens up the cooking station. Was kinda surprised to see the new upgrade setup.

10. Shooting Star

Go to the inventors table and you'll see in yellow a big button on the top. Of the window with upgrade on it. (I didn't saw it at first either) you can upgrade every crafting station that way hovering over it with your mouse will tell you how much and what kinds of materials you'll need to upgrade

11. Kelphy

Any idea how to get glass these days? lol

12. Jalombi

Jalombi Industrial Terraformer

Just make hunting spears and cook meat, carry around like 3/4 of your bag full of meat.. a few other things .it's ridiculous, but it seems to be what works in the beginning.

The early grown crops all seem worthless hunger wise, except the potatoes, the baked potatoes are ok.

13. Shooting Star

Go to a desert get some sand and smelt in a furnace in the second tab :)

14. Kelphy

Uhhh I looked everywhere T_T how did Miss that?

15. Shooting Star

Got them now though right?

16. Kelphy

Yeah sure do, is there a place I can find info on Starbound 1.0? I've looked on Google and all the websites seem outdated. :(

17. Shooting Star

The wiki is your best bet but the game released two days ago so you can't really expect it to be fully up to date :)

18. Playah

Playah Phantasmal Quasar

Alternatively, I think there are other furniture items that also operate like a Kitchen Counter. You might find such a thing if you look around a settlement, most likely an Apex town or Hyotl underwater city.

19. Kelphy

Oh haha I thought it was released a while back. I started playing Starbound at the right time then! :rofl: