Cooking Skill? 'Sub-skill'? More perks?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Meishali, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Meishali

Meishali Void-Bound Voyager

Hello guys.

Given how cooking process doesn't really have a mini-game/is instant, maybe it could be categorized as a 'sub-skill'? Like you produce, and sell so much food that eventually you can choose between:

- If the recipe has a vegetable, you can use any vegetable you want from now on.
    - Cooked food you sell is worth 50% more.

Or other things like:

- Additional/Optional ingredient appears on the cooking recipe: You add 1 Anchovy to your pizza, and it gives you an additional buff (random or not, depends on the quality of the additional ingredient, etc.)

In the same pattern maybe you could have more subskills/'perks' like these (maybe a limited amount, like up to 5? Maybe you could slot them once a day or week, etc.):

- You could have animals like you more when you pet them, fish more high quality fish, be able to find out-of-season fish and forage goods once a week, etc.
    - These perks could be unlocked doing x or y action repeatedly, after getting to certain milestones.

Maybe having additional perks could help further specify our farmer's specialty. (kek)

I hope that makes sense. Just throwing this here.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
      Minkah likes this.
    • Zelts

Zelts Void-Bound Voyager

"Line Cook" or "Iron Chef" would be cool. Line Cook would get multiples of foods, whereas Iron Chef would have better quality turnouts. That way, Iron Chef can throw in silver stars or under in quality, and have a good to great chance at a gold star meal. Then they'd be able to sell their gold star crops if they want. And then Line Cook could use gold star ingredients to have a chance at multiples of gold star foods. I have a good feeling Cooking is such a major factor that it will be expanded later on.

• hexomega

hexomega Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really wish the cooking was more in depth and was surprised that it wasn't, compared to everything else in the game. I really liked the way cooking leveled up in Rune Factory and would love to see something similar in this game.

• MariahDawn

MariahDawn Orbital Explorer

I would like it if the game had more Skills that could be leveled up , Cooking and Crafting espeically