Bug/Issue Controller Stops Working After a Time

Discussion in 'Support' started by GeoTerra, Sep 27, 2018.

1. GeoTerra

GeoTerra Void-Bound Voyager

I generally use the Switch Pro Controller for gaming on the PC since the Steam Beta has support for it via Bluetooth and it's just a really comfy controller to use for long gaming sessions, but I ran into an issue while playing today (which is also my first time playing). If you leave the Pro Controller idle for a time, probably a minute or so, the controller enters a sleep mode and the light around the button that brings up the Steam Overlay goes out. You can press a button to wake the controller back up, but the game will no longer recognize it as a valid input.

The only way I've found to "fix" this is to quit the game (after having saved, naturally) and reload TimeSpinner. Then it'll recognize the Pro Controller again.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume that it's because I'm using the Steam Beta and this possibly wouldn't happen if I used a Xbox One Controller, but I thought to bring it up anyways.

Cheers

• LunarRayGames

LunarRayGames Developer

Sounds like it's losing your quadrant- this is a problem for Xbox controllers with faulty wiring as well.

I'll see if I can improve the quality of life here in the future.

GeoTerra likes this.
      • GeoTerra

GeoTerra Void-Bound Voyager

Many thanks. Appreciate the work you and everyone else put into TimeSpinner.