1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Controller Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shugo415, May 9, 2015.

1. shugo415

shugo415 Space Hobo

Hey,

I just bought the game and my powerA controller doesn't seem to work at all with this? I tried the gampad support and restarting game and all, but nothing works. I know the controller is fine as I can play binding of issac fine. Anyone else run into this issue?

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Same problem here. Mine haven't worked since the move to GM:S.

• shugo415

shugo415 Space Hobo

Just curious, is there a way to revert back to the old version and just not update it?

• Omen267901

Omen267901 Subatomic Cosmonaut

AFAIK, no.

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

it does suck horribly :< I have nearly given up hope on Risk of Rain

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

So I guess this is not fixed.

/me coming here every month or so...

• Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Same exact issue here, I can't really play RoR any more because my keyboard has to use controls that cramp my hands after 3 minutes, because of key conflicts.
                Such as, with default controls, I can't jump if I'm moving to the left while shooting. Just one example, there are others.

You'd think after a few decades keyboards wouldn't have this issue any more. But they still do.

• Vaseri

Vaseri Space Hobo

Have any of you tried JoyToKey? It's a keyboard to gamepad/joystick rebinding program that seems to work with my Steam version of RoR. Before, whether gamepad was checked or not in the menus, I was unable to move left with a GP. After trying it (shareware available on Cnet) my controller problems have been fixed. It probably isn't a solution for everyone, but worth a try.

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

I tried and it was useless. It has been successful for some, but not for me. tried using it for Metro 2033 and was unable to get it to work.