Modding Discussion Controller application mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by TomLlama, Dec 29, 2015.

1. TomLlama

TomLlama Space Hobo

I love playing this game, but im a console player at heart, and the keyboard is difficult for me to use to play games, id love it if someone was able to make a controller an option for me to play on.
    If their is any possible way to do this then i hope i am not alone is thinking this should be an option. thank you for your time.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Sure, you could map key controls to a controller, but it would be more of a pain to use.

Chucklefish will add controller support in time, given they plan an XBox release in the future, but till then, there is not much that can be done.

3. TomLlama

TomLlama Space Hobo

awe, i was hoping something could be done sooner thatd be easier, oh well, thank you

4. Mr. Analog

Mr. Analog Void-Bound Voyager

Whew, long time no post! I logged in here to second the request for controller support. I got a Steam Link for Christmas and one game I would love to sit on the couch and chill with is Starbound, surprisingly there's no controller support.

Through searching the forums I've seen that there are some mods / controller mapping options out there but would be a nice feature out of the box.

5. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

yea native controller support would be great, i just couldn't configure steam controller properly, first of all i ran out of buttons on the controller
    and then i had to put jump and attack on the triggers, which doesnt feel as good as having em on abxy