Modding Help Control object's particles

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Alepod, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Alepod

Alepod Void-Bound Voyager

I have a candle, that emits some particles. How could I forse it to stop emitting those particles while it is turned off?

Attached Files:

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You can find the answer in
    /objects/generic/torch/torch.animation
    but let me know if you don't understand it after looking at it.

3. Alepod

I don't think it's pretty easy for me, but I tried

4. Alepod

So could you help? It is little bit complicated because of there's two objects: "particleEmitters" and "particleVariance"

5. Magmatico

Magmatico Void-Bound Voyager

im pretty sure that you should get the first value. the second, variance one, is used if you need some randomness in said particle, such as its size or direction. but dont quote me on that

6. Alepod

But if i didn't use that i'll change particles behaviour

7. Magmatico

sorry, what did you mean? you meant that you want to change the behaviour, you don't want to change the behaviour or something else? my english skills aren't at max :(

8. Alepod

I mean original asset uses variance, so I can't just throw it away. I shouldn't change particles behaviour, i only should just turn it on/off by wire.

9. Magmatico

i decided to check on it, and as far as i understand it, the "particleEmitters" part is the "function". you can see that in the "animatedParts" part there is "particleEmittersOn" and "...Off" parts. they are the "switches". this means that for candle, you should make the "particleEmitters" part (just like with torches), and then in the "animatedParts" part you should add two values: "on" and "off". in the properties of so-said values you should add the "particleEmittersOn" and "particleEmittersOff" parameters.
    to be short here, you should fully copy the "animatedParts" and "particleEmitters" parts from torch.animation into your candle.