RELEASED Content Patcher *

Loads content packs that change the game's images and data without replacing XNB files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suppeedi

Suppeedi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sure, I'll send you an invite in a moment... You got invites blocked, man. I sent you my info on the conversation system here.

Buuuut I'm very likely to go to bed afterwards. I was actually about to shut down my PC until I realized I had an email. :rofl:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Sorry for the confusion, I meant ask in #modding on the Stardew Valley Discord. No hurry though; just ask in the channel when you're online, and I'll answer if someone else doesn't get to it first. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Kuriiyo likes this.
      • Suppeedi

Suppeedi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel like I should've figured this out, but.. yeah. About to head to bed, totally didn't think it through. :rofl:

It was a long day.. ^^;;;;

• Giggling Geekette

Giggling Geekette Void-Bound Voyager

There's some visual mods I'd like to edit to only show up in single-player and not multiplayer. Google and forum searches turn up nada for doing this in CP without involving some C# coding.

Is it possible to denote a mod in content.json as single-player only?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Giggling Geekette

Giggling Geekette Void-Bound Voyager

When the group asks to purchase certain items, or make jokes involving how a vanilla item looks in context (eg a specific rarecrow, furniture, etc), it can cause confusion. It'd be nice to not have to drag those files out of the mods folder before loading the game for co-op haha

If it doesn't exist, no worries! It's a superfluous QOL thing and you've got more pressing matters to attend to :D

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to the modding community! You're the best

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

I have a strange (minor) issue in my game. Sometimes (was not 100% reproducible), content packs that have a Load action with an XNB FromFile seem to cause Content Patcher to try and load the resource twice, resulting in a log warning regarding a "broke loop." (example) When I use xnb_node to extract the PNG and reference that in the FromFile entry instead, the warnings go away. Any idea what's up?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MouseyPounds Can you attach a sample content pack that has that issue?

• MouseyPounds

Here's the Maru one mentioned in the log, with the content.json restored to what was giving me the warnings.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MouseyPounds I can reproduce the issue. I think this may be an issue in SMAPI itself. I created a ticket to look into it for an upcoming update to SMAPI or content patcher. Thanks for reporting it!

• LadyEleven

LadyEleven Void-Bound Voyager

Is there already a way to use being indoors vs. outdoors as a condition (as in, say, having 1 craftables file used while indoors and 1 while outdoors), or is that something you'd consider adding in the future? I know other mods used to do it before beta, somehow, but all the ones I know of that did are broken at the moment, and Content Patcher is the only modding tool I've used that is simple enough for me to understand what to do myself lol. But I didn't see that on the list of conditions on your github page so I wanted to ask if that was something Content Patcher might be able to do someday or if that's something best left to a more specialized framework.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@LadyEleven Content Patcher doesn't currently support that. It's not on the short-term roadmap, but I might add something like that in a future version (though it'd be based on whether the player is indoors or outdoors, not the craftable).

• LadyEleven

LadyEleven Void-Bound Voyager

That makes sense, I'm pretty sure that's how it worked in other mods before. OK, now I know not to tinker around trying to do that at this time. Thank you!

• MouseyPounds

Can an "EditImage" action be used to extend the size of an image? The situation I'm in is that the default farmhouse_tiles.png is 192x320, and I use a mod that enlarges this file to 192x400 (only those lower 80 pixels are new content.) Right now I'm just doing a "Load" action and replacing the entire file, but an EditImage would obviously be more compatible if it can be done.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Yep, Content Patcher will automatically resize the image if your patch goes past the bottom.

MouseyPounds likes this.
                              • MouseyPounds

I'd like to make a feature request for save-specific configuration. The idea is that the game would choose a different configuration depending on which save is currently loaded. It's a really useful feature of Children Like Parent and if there was some way to extend that to a more general usage via Content Patcher I'd love it. May not be possible with how configurations are currently implemented, but it can't hurt to ask.

Moragaine and HopeWasHere like this.
                                • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@MouseyPounds Thanks, that's a good idea. I added a ticket to look into that for a future version. :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Sabs like "labs"

Sabs like "labs" Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Currently, I can't cause a change to sprites in Maps/DesertTiles.xnb. For whatever reason, when I try to replace sprites there, it just ignores the changes and doesn't even throw any errors.

Turned on Verbose Mode and checked the SMAPI log file, too. No errors there, either. I'm not sure where to proceed from here.

Thread Status:
                                    Not open for further replies.