Modding Discussion Contemplating tackling an Industrial Mod.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by nekomaster, Dec 11, 2014.

1. nekomaster

nekomaster Subatomic Cosmonaut

As a fan of minecraft, I love to mod it with IndustrialCraft and Gregtech. Its so fun to play with machines which done correctly can produce more material then by hand.

I'm a little sad that in Starbound, you get all this high tech stuff but no high tech industrial machines to help you conqour the stars.'

So I was thinking of trying my hand at a simple but fun industrialisation mod that spans multiple tiers. There still with be some complexity to make advanced to the next tier harder and harder, but thats the fun of a challange.

I don't know scripting so theres no way I my self could add machines powered by electricity from say, a generator.

Machines wont be made just from pure ingots and other material. To craft tier 1 iron machines, you'll need iron plates, copper wires, and an electric motor for most. The hammer forge will actually be made from iron and wood, requiring no plates.
    The plates can be turned into wire via the assembly table. But you'll need rubber or plastic. Thankfully the distillery also doesnt require plates, but its a slow machine so may take time to produce enough plastic to make enough cables for machines.

==================================================
    Tier 1 : Iron Machines (Available once you get the anvil)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MK I Assembly Table - Assembles basic machines

Iron Furnace - A faster way to smelt basic metals and handles metal dust
    Kiln - A more efficient way to produce glass and bricks.

Grinder - Turns ores and ingots into dust. Provides x2 dust per ore
    Compressor - Compresses material into blocks and compressed material
    Extractor - Extracts liquids from material such as rubber and oil
    Hammer Forge - Forges plates from materials. Very noisy... BANG BANG BANG!!
    Distillery - Turns oil into fuel, plastic, and chemicals. Can also turn wheat and rice into booze

===============================================
    Tier 2 : Steel Machines (Available as soon as you can start crafting steel)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MK II Assembly Table - Assembles more advanced machines

Blast Furnace - An even faster way to smelt metals and can make steel.
    Blast Kiln - Produces glass and bricks faster and more efficiently using the power of OIL!

Reinforced Grinder - Able to grind down tougher ores and metals. Provides x4 dust for basic metals, x2 for steel and above
    Hydraulic Compressor - A more powerful machine to compress materials and able to combine metals
    Centrifuge - A more efficient extraction machine that provides twice as much liquid over an extractor
    Rolling Machine - A more efficient and less noisy way to turn metal into plates. provides x2 plates per ingot

MK II Distillery - More efficient means to distil oil into fuel, plastic, and chemicals. Produces even more booze!

==================================================
    Tier 3 : High-Tech Machines (Available as soon as you can start crafting titanium)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MK III Assembly Table - Assembles High-Tech Machines

Arc Furnace - Fastest way to smelt lots of metal and can handle Titanium
    Electric Kiln - Produces TONS of glass and bricks faster then anything!

Pulveriser - Pulverises ore and ingots into even more dust. x8 for basic metals, x4 for steel, x2 for titanium
    Implosion Compressor - Uses the power of explosives to turn even titanium and steel into blocks or high tech ingots. Can turn coal into diamonds!
    Atomic Decomposer - Breaks materials down to the atom to extract every bit of liquid from material
    HDV Rolling Machine - Heavy duty vibratory rolling machine can turn even titanium into plates.

MK III Distillery - THe most efficient way to produce petroleum products from oil. Produces enough booze to inebriate the entire planet!

================================================================================================

2. Whale Cancer

Whale Cancer Big Damn Hero

There are two large mods that do a lot of what you are trying to accomplish. The first is Starfoundry and the second is literally called IndustrialCraft.

If you can't script, I am not sure how you intend to achieve your goals? I guess you can start learning now, but the stuff you are talking about is more complex than 'normal' mods.

severedskullz likes this.
  3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If he ignored power aspect of it, and increased production time of various items.
    It would be just a basic mod with just a bunch of crafting tables, which is simple enough for anyone to manage.