1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Construction Ideas 2.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Sep 5, 2016.

?

What's your favorite racial decoration theme?

1. Floran (Tribal, Primitive, Gruesome)

13.2%
  2. Avian (Tribal, Mesoamerican, Worship)

5.5%
  3. Apex (Ultramodern, Dystopian, Science)

19.8%
  4. Human ( Protectorate, USCM, Waste)

13.2%
  5. Hylotl (Ornate, Knowledge, Technology)

30.8%
  6. Glitch (Steampunk,Medieval, Robotic)

17.6%
  1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I use a lot of Durasteel in my house, with Tungsten siding backwalls.

My main colony is more of a "Good Future" city. Lots of gray and white. I use lots of tungsten siding and titanium panels. I use glass windows and those little outpost lights. The houses are square, and arranged in pyramids, with support stilts so you can walk under them. The houses are smallish, but I have my "society" set up so very little time is supposed to be spent in the houses, rather than out doing things and having fun. It's on a barren planet that's being covered over with cobblestone and dirt in the nonresidential areas. I plan to build a "power plant" that powers the whole planet, but I want it to be some clean, yet mystical power source. I wanted to use Erchius crystals, but those were disabled.

2. SenikCouper

SenikCouper Poptop Tamer

I'm currently about to start a city project.

Some features I've thought about including are;

A garden/park area (Flag & beam down landing site)
    Mall/shopping center
    Residential accommodation (duh lol)
    Hotel
    Museum
    Police Station with jail cells below
    Hospital (maybe even a couple of smaller clinics further from city center)
    Sewers fair depth below the city leading to treatment plant
    Subway for easier navigation (rather then running through every house lol)
    Farms
    Power station <-----[ Iaeyan Elyuex's concept]
    Oil and Fuel depo
    Timber yard
    A mine
    Work places (offices and vehicle workshops)??
    Parliament/Government/Council Building

The city doesn't have a specific theme but will have a more varied collection of build themes
    to influence the idea of the city being rather multi-cultural.
    I feel as though I haven't listed everything a city has or should have.
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! :D

3. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I typically just use materials that are easy to mass produce. Wood, heavy stone brick, copper gear blocks, etc.

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

[​IMG]

Despite this just being a bit of a remodel/renovation of the Hylotl mansion, this was just generally what I do. I use a lot of the blocks seen in the pic in various ways. I also use other materials depending on what I want to build. It will vary by design, idea, or inspiration; if not a mix of them. I just run with what ever material I want to use and have bulk of, if not collected enough to use.:nuruhappy:

5. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Nice screenshot! I keep forgetting to upload something, it'll happen at some point.

Tamorr likes this.
  6. RedPanda_Warrior

Note:This is not a thread about the votes above.
    This is a great example of what this thread should look like. The reason it's not in screenshots is because it doesn't necessarily have to be a screenshot. Although screenshots are always welcomed! The other reason is because if I posted this on screenshots, not as many people would see it.

Tamorr likes this.
  7. RedPanda_Warrior

Use admin commands to spawn the erichius crystals in. Type /admin, then /spawnitem supermatter (supermatter is the item is the item ID
    Name for erchius crystal.) then type /admin again to cancel admin. You could also use the day/night sensor mod.

8. SenikCouper

SenikCouper Poptop Tamer

Also you could use /admin then visit/revisit the Erchius Lunar mine base thing and then use /settileprotection [dungeonID] [true/false] , then take admin of and you should be able to mine the crystal blocks there, so it isn't really directly spawning such items giving a fairer feel

**The Erchius mine should have a dungeon ID of 0 if memory serves me well. but to confirm you can use "/debug" to find the dungeon/place ID**

9. RedPanda_Warrior

Wait, you can do that?

SenikCouper likes this.
  10. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Floran will still lose if Floran is using their lasergun to sssstab. ;D
    I like it just fine!

... but I like the ultra-sanitized, futuristic Apex style best. <3

11. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Right now I'm fully turning the inside of a moon into a looping multi-level underground city and I'm around 30-45% done with the base layer. Cultist city is mostly done, Wrecked ground level is done, apartments are started, and procrastinating the library and markets.

I'd post a bunch of screenshots, but Steam likes to make Starbound jet black after a screenshot as of 1.0 for some reason.

I'd say my general favorite style would be the "Erchius Fortress" I'm building near the Cultists. Lots of different purple gem types, shadow blocks, small bricks as walls, gothic doors, ancient large chests and consoles, and pools of fuel and Opulent furniture. Sadly had to cheat a bit for this section of the city since so much of that is unobtainable or crazy rare and I'd like to finish it in my lifetime. You could do everything but the ancient fully legit last update.

Deep Space Amphithere likes this.
  12. SenikCouper

SenikCouper Poptop Tamer

yup :)

13. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

If you are using steam, f12 will screenshot for you.

14. MetalArrow

MetalArrow Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, I like the castles too, but I cannot for the life of me figure out why they'd build thatch roofs and wooden houses on volcanic worlds.

TTStooge likes this.
  15. RedPanda_Warrior

Because glitch might know a lot, but still, they are stupid.

SenikCouper likes this.
  16. SenikCouper

SenikCouper Poptop Tamer

Sounds like the glitch have a recessive "glitch" :p

17. RedPanda_Warrior

I like Hylotl stuff the best, simply because it has a great aesthetic style. I also like the ornate feel.

SenikCouper likes this.
  18. RedPanda_Warrior

19. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Fishman hass no katana, because fishman hass no racial weapons anymore. :p

Seriously though, I love the Hylotl underwater cities. Sorely tempted to relocate everything I own to an empty ocean world and build one of my own.

20. RedPanda_Warrior

Then do it!