1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Connection failed Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Support' started by Gerlock, May 28, 2018.

1. Gerlock

Gerlock Space Hobo

I cant host or connect in other people farms, always getting a "connection failed" message, or when my friend are trying to connect they get the same. It started in this saturday (05/28/2018)

can someone pls help me?

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

Are you running the newest game version? Be sure your game is up to date (shows 1.3.14 in the lower left corner in main screen after clicking the questionmark in the lower right corner)

• Gerlock

Gerlock Space Hobo

yes, i'm using. my friends too

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

Are you using the steam version? If so, did you try both way to connect (via Steam friendslist and the invite code)? Does it take some time before you get the error message or does it pop up instantly?

• Gerlock

Gerlock Space Hobo

i'm using steam version and tried via friendlist and invite code. it take like,20-30 seconds to pop up

• _Keru_

_Keru_ The Court

Seems like a game unrelated issue. Have not seen any other reports on connection issues today.
              I can only advice you to check your connection settings, firewall and so on... You should also validate your game files in your Steam library.

• Gerlock

Gerlock Space Hobo

I alrealdy tried to disable antivirus and firewall and alrealdy verified my game file.

• xing10

xing10 Space Hobo

so are this thread dead or what ?
                  no more help here ?

• Thunderbuttz

Thunderbuttz Space Hobo

Ok, so I've been having the same problem, and I realized I also use my pc for work so I have a ton of security on this machine. I turned off all of my antiviruses, firewalls, etc, rebooted, had my friend restart steam and SDV, and then it worked. If you're having issues, there might be a firewall you forgot to turn off (most people on Windows 10 have several firewalls running, so you have to make sure they're all off in your firewall settings. I also had VeraCrypt installed, and I had to unmount that temporarily. I hope you find this helpful.