Modding Help Configure Eemie's Bees?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by chillycherry, Apr 17, 2019.

1. chillycherry

chillycherry Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! So I just installed Custom Critters and Eemie's Bees, and I have a question.

On Eemie's Bees modpage, it says the bees spawn near bee hives.
    However, in my game there are bees all over the farm even when there's no hives anywhere.

I looked in the critter.json for the Bees mod, and it does seem to have settings that imply the bees should only spawn around the hives. I did mess around with it, but I've no idea what I'm doing so yeah, it didn't work lol.

Can anyone who knows what they're doing tell me if there's a way to adjust it? I'm also using other custom bugs and stuff, so having bees everywhere on top of that (as opposed to just around the hives) is a little much. I'd really appreciate any ideas!

• Moragaine

Moragaine Existential Complex

I use it, too, and have bees all over. I think that line means that the bees start(spawn) near the bee hives then fly out and around from there. This mimics the behavior of real bees, they will fly for miles to find pollen - they don't stay next to their hives. However, I think you can lower the number of "SpawnAttempts" so there aren't so many bees or bugs.

chillycherry likes this.
      • chillycherry

chillycherry Void-Bound Voyager

That makes sense! Just wanted to make sure I didn't mess it up somehow, so that's good.

Thanks for the tip. :D Adjusting the spawn rates did help balance it out.

Moragaine likes this.