Modding Discussion Concerning Dialogue for Years 3+ (feedback appreciated)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Shami, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Shami

Shami Aquatic Astronaut

I understand from both experience and research that it's not possible to designate dialogue for any year after year 2 using the XNB files. That said, adding new content through dialogue for subsequent years is an appealing prospect. Regarding that, I have a couple of questions:

(1) Is there a known/existing method for expanding dialogue for years 3+ using SMAPI?

(2) I can get around the aforementioned limitation by creating separate folders for each in-game year, with which I could simply replace the previous year's folder to create as many years of content as I desired. This method's fine for personal use. My question is: would you be willing to go through this process to extend your own game's content?

If there seems to be enough interest in this, I'd like to start getting feedback on my new dialogue and, potentially, create a sort of database of files, one for each year. Bear in mind that my intention is to significantly expand and fairly significantly alter the dialogue of most characters, though I prefer to maintain their original personalities and the general spirit of Stardew Valley.

--any feedback/questions/suggestions are welcome

• haywrites

haywrites Big Damn Hero

Been researching and wondering as well. I offer no solutions, but it would be a welcome change!