1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Concerned Citizen about Future Content

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by claycrow, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yeah, you got your point there. But, I have no problem about they opening up some more API. It's fine for me, really fine. The thing I don't want is they stop releasing update in the future. I mean c'mon it is such a great game that has stand for long enough. And I don't think so that Starbound 2 or 3D is necessary. Starbound is already good as it is.

2. Harrisem40

Harrisem40 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah, I get your point. I suppose my issue is that the devs claimed there was more content coming. This claim was posed over a year ago and we've still got nothing other than some discord framework integration for nightly.

If the devs had said this was it and that Starbound had officially been completed i'd shut my mouth. That's not the case. I wouldn't overly mind if that was the case but it isn't. If the devs announce that more content is coming, that's what I expect. I'll hold them to it until they tell me otherwise. At this point however, if they did tell me otherwise, i'd be greatly disappointed.

3. The Avelon

The Avelon Phantasmal Quasar

Sure, I get that and I agree. I expect an update, with or without something like bounty hunting. I'd very much like for it to include deleted content from beta due to popular demand and cracking open a few systems, is all. And if the next update is the last but they don't improve the modding API further I will be greatly disappointed.

As for SB2 or SB3D, I'd be super mad if they announced it tomorrow. But give us that content update, wait a year or two, and then announce it and I will have this reaction.

4. Harrisem40

Harrisem40 Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah man I completely agree. Lets just wait and see I suppose :nurutease:

P.s. My reaction would be more like this: (see gif of Sokka)

Attached Files:

5. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Hehehe... I know what you mean. But really, if they stop releasing update in the future, I will just stop and abandon this game, and go back playing Minecraft or Terraria... or maybe I will just start hitting the mods.

Talking of update, I think it has been more than a year since they do something interesting, that make me interested about this game in the first place. Hmm... I hear a lot about mollygos back there, she is once very active in this community, right? Making this game booming and interesting. Sorry, I think I bring that thing up again.