1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Concerned Citizen about Future Content

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by claycrow, Sep 9, 2018.

1. claycrow

claycrow Void-Bound Voyager

OK, to be blunt, -this is one of my favorite games ever. Also, I've had to move on because what in the LIVING F___ are you developers doing!?!!? Swimming in your sea of "pixels?" When the community gets a cutesy update of SH*&(*&(* saying "Heyas, giggle! We've not been around for six months (hehehe) and we have created a couple of new straw hat pixels for you guys! (hehe!), -that is BULLSH--. STEP UP. This feels like the pause that you guys did a couple of years ago. Lordie.

Corleone, Ickura and Greenfinger like this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Please make sure you are actually posting in the appropriate thread and not go completely off topic.
    I moved your post to a new thread.

3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Watch your words, friend. It is not good to say bad things in this community. We can't understand what you mean if you keep saying bad words. So, what is the issue, my friend?

4. Greenfinger

Greenfinger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree with OP. The quality has deteriorated ever since they started adding the Outpost back in the Nightlies. Now the devs don't even want to acknowledge the fact that they completely ruined the game to a lot of people by transforming it out of an open exploration game with goals set by the player into a linear game that has the crappy story (with pretty poor writing as well) directing most of the player's actions. And when all the complaints about this arise, what do they do? Add more tacked-on content.

Also, they threw the crazy randomization (which was the game's gimmick) out the window. No one asked for the custom-made swords and monsters, yet now they are almost more common than the random ones.

izzykuroneko likes this.
  5. Daikon Ocelot

Agree, I think the game itself has also become unstable. Lag happens alot in the game, especially when we are in the outpost or exploring a planet with a heavy weather, also when we are using the "Pixel Printer". It drastically decrease the game performance. I guess they need to do something about it.

izzykuroneko and Greenfinger like this.
  6. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These issues have existed since Early Access, they aren't going away anytime soon.

Greenfinger likes this.
  7. Greenfinger

Indeed, nothing new. And here I thought the game would be stable once it releases, but nope.

8. Daikon Ocelot

For now, we can only wait for them to do something about this issue, and it will take a very long time.

9. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

To the OP: I fully feel you on this one.
    Starbound is such a beautifull gem and is seems like the devs have just slowly let it go to waste. Its like they have become paralysed or something.
    I honestly think that if they would have put continuous effort in the game it could have even rivalled Minecraft by now. It would be a cult classic.
    Just imagine them churning out one DLC after another rich with content, fleshing out the galaxy and characters in it, expanding the lore, selling comic books, holding building tournaments, FIXING THE BUGS, ect, ect., the possibilities are endless!

Heck by now we would probably even have a Starbound cartoon series on Netflix or something.

The potential is still there! Come on Chucklefish! Stop chuckling and STEP UP!!

izzykuroneko and Greenfinger like this.
  10. Greenfinger

It was a cult classic already back in beta. Now it's just rotten and forgotten.

Corleone likes this.
  11. Daikon Ocelot

Did they notice us discussing this?

12. velimzzzz

velimzzzz Void-Bound Voyager

For anyone experiencing performance issues on decent systems, try Ubuntu. Since dual-booting with Ubuntu I have seen a huge performance improvement. I have Frackin' Universe and a ton of other mods installed, and getting a stable 60fps now. Before I would see constant dips and lags, and my PC has very good specs. The difference is amazing really, wish I had switched a long time ago.

13. Daikon Ocelot

Well, of course it will run great on Ubuntu. The problem is if I switch my OS to Ubuntu, I am afraid it will be a problem for the other programs and games compatible in my previous OS. My OS is Windows by the way.

velimzzzz likes this.
  14. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Do you think the devs actually read these forums? Because I don't.

izzykuroneko likes this.
  15. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

From my experience the devs tend to just ignore the player concerns. If you look back there have already been many threads like this one.
    I don't know for their other games but when it comes to Starbound Chucklefish has close to zero interaction with the player base and considering this is their flagship product I find this very odd.

Boshed, izzykuroneko and Greenfinger like this.
  16. Greenfinger

Quite childish, if you ask me.

17. Daikon Ocelot

Me too. They don't even seems to read my suggestion, it is a good and well planned suggestion I believe. It took me a long time to summarize it... :cry:
    Yeah, it is a weird thing to ignore their best product.

18. velimzzzz

velimzzzz Void-Bound Voyager

To be completely honest, the Grub menu for Ubuntu stopped loading yesterday, so I just did a clean install of Ubuntu 16.04 on an extra SSD I have and copied my save files over to the that. My computer is an HP Z420 and apparently HP computers don't work very well with dual booting. Works great on a separate hard drive though. I understand if you don't have an extra SSD around to do so however. I am just so amazed at the drastic increase in performance, it's night and day really... I've been playing Starbound for several years on Windows, and had gotten so used to the constant fps and stutter issues that to see it running at a stable 60fps with FU and all my other mods it's just incredible. Thought I'd share my experience if it might help someone else. I would have done this a long time ago if I had known about it.

19. Daikon Ocelot

You seems to have some experiences with Ubuntu. Can you tell me more about it, how does it really works? Because I have done reading some information about it, and I don't think it is like a normal OS like Windows, Linux, or Mac. Is it an OS inside an OS, because I read that it can also be installed in Windows like a normal software. I am confuse and curious at the same time. Sorry this is very off from the topic.

20. BluFyre

BluFyre Big Damn Hero

Part of me wishes I'd made a backup of the game with mods before they updated to 1.0 oh so long ago... they truly wrecked everything good they had going for the game imo. I hate the new systems, especially in regards to the story and the restrictive techs. But hey, at least they gave us the opportunity to... turn into a ball... that's totally not useless 99% of the time... I just want the OG Starbound back too. I haven't even touched it in well over a year. Just not interested with what they did with it.